Save Money By Keeping Track and Banking the Extra

I've lived on my own for the last 7 months, and having been around the world, and having attended a community college, I wasn't the least bit frugal with my spending habits! It took some time, and a lot of careful spending, but I think I MAY have managed to find a way.

I live in an apartment and income between my fiance and myself is roughly $3000 - $4000 a month. We've purchased a notebook; and for each paycheck, we've written down our daily costs: groceries, rent, car expenses, and our investment funds payments. We write down how much we expect to make from the check for that week, and round down. Then we added up our daily costs, and figured out how much we will have left over. With the money we have left, we put it aside for internet, cell phones, and other added misc. costs. The money that we have leftover, we've put into a savings account. In the last 6 months, we've managed to save over $800!

By amanda from Ontario,CA

Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Budget & Finance Saving MoneyNovember 20, 2008
Bank Column
Saving Money on Banking
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Keeping Track of Events in a Calendar
Keeping Track of Events
A woman signing a contract.
Keeping Track of Contract End Dates
🎄