Use Store Receipts to Figure Savings

An easy way to keep track of how much you are saving is to hold onto your store receipts. Major grocery stores show how much you save by using their customer card, plus you will have all the subtractions from coupon savings.

In shopping for other items, you could keep the price tag, along with any other markdowns on it, with your final sales receipt.

If you are crafting, you could keep a photo what you created with a list of the makings and approximate cost, along with a print-out or clipping of a similar store item with its purchase price.

By Vivian P.

One thing I've done is to use the Excel (spreadsheet) program to set up a coupon page. One book is set up with twelve pages (one for each month). Another book lists all 12 months with the totals for each one.

On the first book, I list the stores across the top of the columns. Then, as I save, I list the item and how much I saved on it. For example, if I save $4.00 on dog food, it looks like this:

04-June-13 Petco/dog food $2.00
04-June-13 Petco/coupon $2.00

💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-10 11:09:13 in 768 msecs. ⛅️️