Cleaning a Sofa Sleeper

I have an old sofa sleeper that has an odor. How can I get rid of the smell?

By dicam from MI

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Frebreeze, if its not feces or mold. If you know someone with a shampooer would be good. Use tide. I'm the shampooer if it has a wand brush upholstery hose but frebreeze will take out almost any odor may have to mist it 3 or 4 times but it will work.

July 31, 2009 Flag

I'm in the process of moving from my apartment to a bigger apartment, and I recently came across a couch that is in good condition. It's a sofa sleeper, and it has a "kinda old man" smell. I saw a show one time about cleaning an old couch, it required putting something on it and wrapping it in plastic. Would anyone know what it is that I could put on it and wrap it in plastic? I would like to keep this couch and use it while I'm at this new place, sofa sleepers are expensive brand new.

Lori

Answers:

Cleaning a Sofa Sleeper

Not familiar with the program that you mentioned, but you might want to ask family or friends if they happen to have a steam cleaner for floors that has an upholstery attachment, my new steam cleaner included one. The recommended detergents that you use with the steam cleaners are available in formulas for "pet odors", "citrus", etc. It wouldn't hurt if you cleaned it, then left it outside to dry on a nice day, if possible. A bit of fresh air may do wonders. I would also spray it with Febreze.

Debbie from NJ (04/07/2005)

By Debbie

Cleaning a Sofa Sleeper

Sprinkle heavily with baking soda and let sit for a few days (feel free to grind it into the material so it works better) and then clean or vacuum the sofa thoroughly. (04/08/2005)

By Suzie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJuly 31, 2009
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
Sofa Bed
Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:29:28 AM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.