Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Seasoning Mix for Hamburger Patties

Does anybody know of a good hamburger seasoning? I raise beef cattle for a living and haven't found a good seasoning to mix in when I make my ground beef patties. Help is really appreciated! Thanks.

By Miah from Minooka, IL

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By suz123 [2]02/12/2011

Worcestershire sauce (just a few shakes from the bottle makes all the difference in the world too), along with garlic powder/onion/salt&pepper.

By webgrunt03/11/2010

I like to keep it simple, enhancing the flavor of the beef. salt, fresh ground black pepper, and a dash of garlic powder or onion powder.

By webgrunt03/11/2010

By Bonnie Varga [18]05/11/2009

My sister-in-law adds hamburger relish to the burger patties & they taste great! The relish seems to contain all the seasoning you need in one easy step. Works for me.

By patty05/11/2009

You could try adding a half of a 1 oz. packet of au jus seasoning to every pound of ground beef. We adore our burgers cooked this way and never have to use any other salt or condiments. I hope that you enjoy it!

By Pat [1]05/10/2009

I use Mrs. Dash for almost everything. There is several different flavors, but we like the Garlic Herb the best. It will go with most meats & vegs.
Pat in GA

By Polly Levesque [28]05/08/2009

I use the whole single pack of Lipton Onion Soup in 1) burgers; 2) meatloaf and 3) my version of pot roast, which I will now post on the recipe site. It's soooo easy and soooo yummy!

By Susan Wolfe [12]05/08/2009

Many years ago my mother-in-law turned me on to "Nature's Seasons" by Morton. It's very good and easy as you don't have to worry if you have used too much or too little. It's also "really good" on beef roast and steaks. Try it, I think you will like it a lot. Tip: The lid on Nature's Seasons spice container is a bright true blue. Nature's Seasoning is the most versatile spice I have ever used. I don't know what I would do without it, as I love the stuff. Enjoy!

By B.05/07/2009

5 Tbsp. & 1 tsp. each of:-
dried green & red peppers
thyme, Savory, onion salt, garlic salt,
crushed onion flakes, crushed garlic flakes [or granules]
1 Tbsp., crushed mustard seeds,
2 Tbsp. & 1 tsp. each of :-
celary seeds, oregano, dillweed, cilantro.

Mix well and keep in air tight container.
[add aprox' 2 Tbsp. to 1 pound of ground beef]

My own recipe.

By Sandy [5]05/07/2009

For my meatloaf and burgers I use a package of stove top stuffing mixed in with one egg. One pkg per pound of ground meat. It might not be thrifty but it's delicious.
Sandy/Pittsburgh

By Cricket [201]05/07/2009

I use McCormick's Grill Mates. The one I like best is Roasted Garlic & Herb. I use it on any kind of meat except fish. I love it!

By Monica Adam [12]05/07/2009

I just use a little garlic (powder or fresh) with a little pepper. Could use "Italian seasonings" as well.

By Tapestry Lady [2]05/03/2009

Store-bought seasonings can have a lot of salt so I tend to avoid them. Oregano and thyme, mustard powder, and a dash of salt & pepper makes a fantastic blend for ground beef. For a meat loaf I use about 1/2 tsp each of the herbs and 1 tsp mustard. You can't really taste the mustard but it gives a bit of bite, and the herbs work great with beef.

By Tracey Ihle [4]05/02/2009

For 1.5 pounds ground beef:

2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper

Tracey in Jacksonville FL

By Dee Gardner [1]05/02/2009

In Florida we get a brand of seasoning mixes called "encore" that used to be 2 for $1.00 and recently went up to $1.00 each but still well worth the price. The best one for ALL meats and poultry is called "French Fry Seasoning" which is a blend. I always put it on my hamburger patties.

By scott E. [19]05/02/2009

I grew up an a cattle farm. We just used salt and pepper, but the meat was dry aged. It had a great flavor on its own. There are not many places that will kill and age meat any more. I use the dry onion mix with bland stuff I buy at the store today with a few dashes of steak sauce. 1 pact per 3 pounds of meat, mix the day before you need to make patties (the patties freeze well) (no salt needed but a little pepper is good).

By Judi [17]05/02/2009

I didn't know there were so many things to add to hamburger! I've always used what my mother used: Lawery's Seasoned Salt. Now I chop up (very finely) an onion and cook it in the patty because even though I like onions I can't eat them raw. It's good!

By Joan [13]05/02/2009

Sometimes I mix in some Cajun or Creole seasoning.

By Julie [49]05/02/2009

Lipton onion powder in the dry mix.

By Mary [9]05/02/2009

Montreal Steak Seasoning!

By susan winship [4]05/01/2009

I use a mix of paprika, ancho chile powder, garlic powder, salt and red pepper flakes. Look in a cookbook or on Google to see what other people do. I like mine. It took a while. I'd suggest start out with 1# beef, add spices (write down how much of each), fry it up and see how you like it. Next time or next #, change spices or amounts, fry it up and see how you like that, and so on. I don't include mustard powder because I'd rather add it myself, but that, rosemary, different spices can all be tried. I use a combination of dollar store and Penzey's spices (cause dollar store are cheaper but I like my single chili powders. If you live where you can, try the tortilla factories or Mexican food stores.

By SUSAN PRINCE [1]05/01/2009

Try adding a package of powdered ranch dressing mix. It is wonderful!

By Dena Roberts [31]05/01/2009

I use dry soup mixes to season beef patties. The onion is really good for hamburgers, and the garden vegetable is really good if you serve the patties as a meat dish with potatoes, gravy, and vegetables. Just mix them right in with your raw ground meat.

By Amy [4]05/01/2009

I love just using "Jane's mixed up crazy salt" on my ground beef. It is a seasonal with different herbs and spices. I always use this on baked chicken too! YUM-O! You cant get it everywhere but I do find it in the larger supermarkets.