Seasoning Mix for Hamburger Patties

By Jeremiah Finnestad 2

Does anybody know of a good hamburger seasoning? I raise beef cattle for a living and haven't found a good seasoning to mix in when I make my ground beef patties. Help is really appreciated! Thanks.

By Miah from Minooka, IL

Showing: Answers Sort

By Amy 7 11 Flag

I love just using "Jane's mixed up crazy salt" on my ground beef. It is a seasonal with different herbs and spices. I always use this on baked chicken too! YUM-O! You cant get it everywhere but I do find it in the larger supermarkets.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dena Roberts 35 491 Flag

I use dry soup mixes to season beef patties. The onion is really good for hamburgers, and the garden vegetable is really good if you serve the patties as a meat dish with potatoes, gravy, and vegetables. Just mix them right in with your raw ground meat.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By SUSAN PRINCE 1 23 Flag

Try adding a package of powdered ranch dressing mix. It is wonderful!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By susan winship 4 405 Flag

I use a mix of paprika, ancho chile powder, garlic powder, salt and red pepper flakes. Look in a cookbook or on Google to see what other people do. I like mine. It took a while. I'd suggest start out with 1# beef, add spices (write down how much of each), fry it up and see how you like it. Next time or next #, change spices or amounts, fry it up and see how you like that, and so on. I don't include mustard powder because I'd rather add it myself, but that, rosemary, different spices can all be tried. I use a combination of dollar store and Penzey's spices (cause dollar store are cheaper but I like my single chili powders. If you live where you can, try the tortilla factories or Mexican food stores.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary 10 67 Flag

Montreal Steak Seasoning!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Julie 48 563 Flag

Lipton onion powder in the dry mix.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 13 1,478 Flag

Sometimes I mix in some Cajun or Creole seasoning.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Judi 18 938 Flag

I didn't know there were so many things to add to hamburger! I've always used what my mother used: Lawery's Seasoned Salt. Now I chop up (very finely) an onion and cook it in the patty because even though I like onions I can't eat them raw. It's good!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By scott E. 22 73 Flag

I grew up an a cattle farm. We just used salt and pepper, but the meat was dry aged. It had a great flavor on its own. There are not many places that will kill and age meat any more. I use the dry onion mix with bland stuff I buy at the store today with a few dashes of steak sauce. 1 pact per 3 pounds of meat, mix the day before you need to make patties (the patties freeze well) (no salt needed but a little pepper is good).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dee Gardner 1 9 Flag

In Florida we get a brand of seasoning mixes called "encore" that used to be 2 for $1.00 and recently went up to $1.00 each but still well worth the price. The best one for ALL meats and poultry is called "French Fry Seasoning" which is a blend. I always put it on my hamburger patties.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tracey Ihle 4 55 Flag

For 1.5 pounds ground beef:

2 tsp garlic powder

2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp pepper

Tracey in Jacksonville FL

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tapestry Lady 2 197 Flag

Store-bought seasonings can have a lot of salt so I tend to avoid them. Oregano and thyme, mustard powder, and a dash of salt & pepper makes a fantastic blend for ground beef. For a meat loaf I use about 1/2 tsp each of the herbs and 1 tsp mustard. You can't really taste the mustard but it gives a bit of bite, and the herbs work great with beef.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Monica Adam 12 29 Flag

I just use a little garlic (powder or fresh) with a little pepper. Could use "Italian seasonings" as well.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cricket 205 895 Flag

I use McCormick's Grill Mates. The one I like best is Roasted Garlic & Herb. I use it on any kind of meat except fish. I love it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandy 6 128 Flag

For my meatloaf and burgers I use a package of stove top stuffing mixed in with one egg. One pkg per pound of ground meat. It might not be thrifty but it's delicious.

Sandy/Pittsburgh

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By B. 2 45 Flag

5 Tbsp. & 1 tsp. each of:-

dried green & red peppers

thyme, Savory, onion salt, garlic salt,

crushed onion flakes, crushed garlic flakes [or granules]

1 Tbsp., crushed mustard seeds,

2 Tbsp. & 1 tsp. each of :-

celary seeds, oregano, dillweed, cilantro.

Mix well and keep in air tight container.

[add aprox' 2 Tbsp. to 1 pound of ground beef]

My own recipe.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Wolfe 20 38 Flag

Many years ago my mother-in-law turned me on to "Nature's Seasons" by Morton. It's very good and easy as you don't have to worry if you have used too much or too little. It's also "really good" on beef roast and steaks. Try it, I think you will like it a lot. Tip: The lid on Nature's Seasons spice container is a bright true blue. Nature's Seasoning is the most versatile spice I have ever used. I don't know what I would do without it, as I love the stuff. Enjoy!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Polly Levesque 28 28 Flag

I use the whole single pack of Lipton Onion Soup in 1) burgers; 2) meatloaf and 3) my version of pot roast, which I will now post on the recipe site. It's soooo easy and soooo yummy!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pat 1 43 Flag

I use Mrs. Dash for almost everything. There is several different flavors, but we like the Garlic Herb the best. It will go with most meats & vegs.

Pat in GA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By patty 9 Flag

You could try adding a half of a 1 oz. packet of au jus seasoning to every pound of ground beef. We adore our burgers cooked this way and never have to use any other salt or condiments. I hope that you enjoy it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Bonnie Varga 18 62 Flag

My sister-in-law adds hamburger relish to the burger patties & they taste great! The relish seems to contain all the seasoning you need in one easy step. Works for me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By webgrunt 2 Flag

I like to keep it simple, enhancing the flavor of the beef. salt, fresh ground black pepper, and a dash of garlic powder or onion powder.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By webgrunt 2 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By suz123 2 33 Flag

Worcestershire sauce (just a few shakes from the bottle makes all the difference in the world too), along with garlic powder/onion/salt&pepper.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Hamburger with Fries
Making Hamburgers
Previous
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats BeefMay 1, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Hamburger with Fries
Making Hamburgers
Hamburger Slider
Hamburger Slider Recipes
Photo of a hamburger with a homemade bun.
Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:55:28 AM on 10.0.2.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings