Frugal Bookmarks From Envelopes

To make a bookmark cheaply and easily, take any old envelope and cut off either the left or right bottom corner of the envelope in a triangle shape. Then you have a small "sleeve" that slips over any book or magazine page; it saves books by not having to fold down a corner and makes use of an old envelope that, most likely, would be throw away anyway!

By Robbie from Lexington, KY

Very clever idea! I sometimes use the outer gum wrapper for a bookmark. Cash register receipts make good ones.

When we go to the library DH and I get a little thing that is very similar to a cash receipt and we use this. You are getting all this info from a person who has collected bookmarks for at least 20 years. I don't use them, I am afraid of losing them.

My favorite frugal bookmark is the cardboard strip that covers the opening on a box of facial tissues.

The underside is blank, ideal for decorating or doodling on. The sturdy, but flexible cardboard makes a perfect-size bookmark or almost any size book.

WOW! What a great idea! I'll be using this one alot, I'm certain.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsSeptember 28, 2007
Reusing Envelopes, Stack of Envelopes
Reusing Envelopes
Padded Envelope on White Background
Reusing Mailing Supplies
Making Envelopes From Magazines
Making Envelopes From Magazines
A bookmark made out of wallpaper scraps.
Homemade Bookmarks