Scooby Roo (Rhodesian Ridgeback Mix)

Scooby Roo is 2 and 1/2 years old. He is a Rhodesian Ridgeback Mix. I got Scooby Roo as a rescue from our local shelter. We had just had a beloved dog pass away. I was looking for another small dog to love and as a "brother" for our Yorkie, as we were all grieving our loss. Scooby was one day away from being put to sleep. Thank God I was there before that happened.

Scooby Roo loves to run and play. Oh and JUMP, he looks like a kangaroo jumping across the yard, hence the "Roo" part of his name. He is a very loving and very funny dog. He keeps us laughing. We got him a basketball for a toy and the first thing he did was deflate it! He loves it and carries it everywhere. I loved him from the first second I saw him. He was only three months old and I could tell he was not going to be the small dog I was looking for, but he put his paw and his nose as far through the fence as he could for me to pet him. I did and it was love at first touch!

By Sandra from Wilson, AR

Closeup of Scoopy's face.

What a beauty x

He is so adorable and he looks like Scooby Doo and being he jumps Scooby 'Roo' is a most perfect name ;-)

He is so cute. I'm glad you were there too to save him from being destroyed. Why would anyone want to do that? I hope you have many, many good years together.

Thank you for adopting Scooby, he looks adorable. Rescue dogs give the best love back, they really appreciate having their "forever home". I know from experience.

My husband and I adopted a Ridgeback about 3 years ago. She "babysits" my 13 year old Chihuahua and is the most loving and lovable dog anyone could ever want. We were also looking for a "small" dog to fill a void left by the death of a dog but this amazing Ridgeback won our hearts.

November 16, 2011 Flag

Scooby is a 4 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. I was at the animal shelter in a nearby town looking for a small dog as a companion to our 7lb Yorkie, Baby. Our beloved Schnoodle had just passed away and Baby was grieving so much missing him.

When I saw Scooby come in to the cage, I fell in love with him. He was a 3 month old chubby puppy, I knew he was going to be a big dog, but when he put his little (big) paw and his nose as far through the fence as he could get them for me to pet him, he had me by the heart. I went home, told my husband about him and got him the next day.

Scooby loves to jump across the yard and looks like a kangaroo, when he does. He has a old football that he has worn out and deflated, but it is his favorite toy. He loves my husband (his papa) and will wait on him to get home from work, and attack him with Scooby kisses. Scooby likes outside, but he is generally in the house with us. Baby, the Yorkie, thinks he is the king and bosses big old Scooby around all he can. But he no longer grieves for his old friend, Scooby has taken that place. Scooby is sweet and funny, we got a gold mine when we got him.

By Sandra M.

Drawing of Scooby the Dog

He's not only gorgeous but his "story" touched my heart and brought a very big smile to my face. Thank you for sharing Scooby with us!

Wow he's a beauty!

Rhodesian Ridgeback Mix
Rhodesian Ridgeback Mix Photos
Photos Pets DogsJanuary 5, 2010
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Rhodesian Ridgeback Breed Information and Photos
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix