Is My Cat a Siamese Mix?

Category Cats
The Siamese cat's genetic structure is very dominant in mix breed cats. Thus you can see physical characteristics as well and behavioral ones that will help to determine if your kitty is a Siamese mix. This is a page about, "Is my cat a Siamese mix?".

I think our new kitten may be a Siamese mix. What do you think? And if so, what kind? I was wondering if she was a seal point. Her tail and legs are very stripy, and she has dark points. From what I can see, she also has the "M" marking on her forehead.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

I feel sure she is a Siamese mix but it would be very difficult for even an expert to tell from a photo and especially such a young kitten. Siamese cats are known for their slender bodies/face but a kitten will still not show that. You will be able to tell a little more as she gets older but a DNA test is the only way to know for sure.

Since she should be seeing a vet soon for her very important check-up/shots/vaccinations you could also ask the vet about her breeding as they may be able to tell you a little more.

DNA test kits for dogs and cats have become very popular so they are easily available from most pet stores, on-line and from a vet. The cost of test kits runs between $40 to $200.

Here is a link to information on a DNA test and a link to sample purchase site (kits are sold on Amazon, eBay, etc).

www.vgl.ucdavis.edu/.../faq.php

www.petcha.com/.../

She is a cute cat. However, when they are so young it is so hard to tell, the mix breed of your cat. If you are curious, you can always ask your vet or do a home DNA test. This will tell you what breed your cat is.

Looks it but she's young (and so cute) -- I'd get a feline DNA testing kit

The face looks too full to be Siamese, in my opinion. If you really need to know, have a DNA test done.

Pets CatsJuly 24, 2018
😷
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Is-My-Cat-a-Siamese-Mix.html