Shopping for Fruit Sweet and Other Ingredients for Diabetic Cake

What is fudge sweet topping, fruit sweet, and strawberry apple butter? These are used to make a diabetic chocolate cake. Where would I find these ingredients because I've never heard of them? Thanks.

By Shelly from Canada

Thanks for your question; it helped me with ideas for my diabetic husband. Here is what I found:

Fruit Sweet is the ideal natural sweetener to use in place of refined sugar in recipes and everyday cooking. Made from pure fruit syrups and concentrates, it's low in calories, fat-free, and low-glycemic. Simply substitute 2/3 Fruit Sweet for the sugar in your recipes- the end result will be just as delicious and sweet, but healthier and much more natural! Also delicious as a sweetener for oatmeal or cereal, or when the dish you're cooking needs a subtle hint of sweet. 12 oz. jar is $6.79. Kosher and Gluten Free.

Ingredients: Concentrated pear juice, concentrated peach juice, concentrated unsweetened pineapple juice

I found this on another site, but haven't looked at all the sites listed. So I don't know if one of these sites shows where you can buy fudge sweet, but they're probably worth looking into. The info below was given in response to someone who had a question about fudge sweet. I got it from this site: ... t-is-fudge-sweet.html#axzz1BxvwNMt9.

I didn't have much luck finding the source of where to buy it on the net, but sent an email request on one of the sites. When I get an answer, I'll post it:

Ok, here is what I've found so far: an online store to purchase diabetic products that has it and Fruit Sweet too -

Other recipes found using this product at these sites: ... 9-fudge-sweet-brownies-diabetic.html

Hope this helps. I might try out a few of these as I'm not the biggest fan of traditional sugar.

BTW, have you or your sister tried Blue Agave sweetener? It's very low on the glycemic index and gives a wonderful light fresh taste too. I use it just because I like it! :)

Read more from Whimsical Today Obscure Ingredients - What is "Fudge Sweet"? | Whimsical Today and Whimsical Tomorrow ... at-is-fudge-sweet.html#ixzz1BxwFBAOo

Good luck and if you find any great recipes I hope you'll share them.

I emailed and found out this about fudge sweet:

Thank you for your email! "Fudge Sweet" is an old name for our product that is now know as "Classic Fudge". You can order our products and obtain more information at .

Fruit Sweet can be ordered from them too.

Strawberry Butter: I imagine it's like apple butter which can be bought in grocery stores by the jellies and jams. Made from apples, it's like a delicious spread. I found it on line at:

If you decide to make any of your recipes, would you please post them? I have a diabetic husband and am always looking for recipes. Thanks for your question b/c you gave me lots of information!

Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting DiabeticJanuary 23, 2011
Apple Pie
Diabetic Apple Pie Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Blueberry Pie
Diabetic Blueberry Pie
Small stack of nectarines against white background.
Peeling Nectarines