Diabetic Blueberry Pie
Fruit pies suitable for someone on a diabetic diet are easy to make and equally as delicious as those made with added sugar. This is a page about diabetic blueberry pie.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
This is a Blueberry Pie, with whipping cream that has no sugar in it. All of us can benefit from reducing the sugar in our diet. Blueberries have tons of good stuff in them. They are expensive but worth it.
Remember the pie shell will have to be baked.
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup splenda
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 9 inch pie shell baked
- Whipped Topping
- 1 pt whipping cream in carton
- 6 Tbsp splenda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 chilled mixing bowl for the whipping cream
- In saucepan, combine 1 cup berries, 3/4 cup Splenda, 3/4 cup water and lemon juice. Boil this mixture.
- In a seperate container, combine remaining sugar, the cornstarch and the rest of the water.
- Stir above mixture into boiling berry mixture. Cook for one minute or until clear and thickened.
- In the pie shell, place remaining berries. Cover the berries in the pie shell with the cooled glaze and chill until completely set.
- Whip the pint of cream with mixer in chilled bowl.
- When cream begins to thicken, add Splenda and vanilla extract. Continue to mix until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat or you will end up with butter instead of whipping cream.
- Serve chilled blueberry pie with a hearty dollop of sugar free whipped topping and enjoy!
Homemade whipping cream should stay fluffy for 24 to 36 hours in the fridge. That is never a problem for us though. :)
June 23, 20170 found this helpful
This is wonderful! I made my own bottom crust from fiber one cereal, vanilla, Splenda and butter. Fresh blueberries are the best but I also have made this with frozen/thawed mixed raspberries, blackberries and blueberries, also delish.
May 23, 20190 found this helpful
This recipe looks amazing! The picture shows a baked pie with a lattice top. How do I bake this pie?
May 24, 20190 found this helpful
I'm sorry but that was a stock photo. The original recipe didn't have a photo submitted. I've switched it out to just being blueberries instead.
If you make this pie, please send us a photo.
Read More Comments
July 23, 20190 found this helpful
May I please have your pie crust recipe?