Diabetic Blueberry Pie
This is a Blueberry Pie, with whipping cream that has no sugar in it. All of us can benefit from reducing the sugar in our diet. Blueberries have tons of good stuff in them. They are expensive but worth it.
Remember the pie shell will have to be baked.
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup splenda
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 9 inch pie shell baked
- Whipped Topping
- 1 pt whipping cream in carton
- 6 Tbsp splenda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 chilled mixing bowl for the whipping cream
- In saucepan, combine 1 cup berries, 3/4 cup Splenda, 3/4 cup water and lemon juice. Boil this mixture.
- In a seperate container, combine remaining sugar, the cornstarch and the rest of the water.
- Stir above mixture into boiling berry mixture. Cook for one minute or until clear and thickened.
- In the pie shell, place remaining berries. Cover the berries in the pie shell with the cooled glaze and chill until completely set.
- Whip the pint of cream with mixer in chilled bowl.
- When cream begins to thicken, add Splenda and vanilla extract. Continue to mix until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat or you will end up with butter instead of whipping cream.
- Serve chilled blueberry pie with a hearty dollop of sugar free whipped topping and enjoy!
Homemade whipping cream should stay fluffy for 24 to 36 hours in the fridge. That is never a problem for us though. :)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.