Movie Slumber Party

Every so often when the kids were young, we would bring out mattresses and put them in front of a couch, so our pillows would have a back rest. On the kitchen counter, we lined up candies, fruit, popcorn, nuts, and beverages similar to a theater. We made our own "commercial breaks" if watching a video. We would watch movies (and play and whisper and snuggle) until we fell asleep. When we all woke up, I would make a special breakfast before putting the mattresses away and starting the day. The best part for me was the snuggling!

By Judith Mc-H from Central IL

That is such a sweet time, when your kids will still do things like this. I remember making pallets on the living room floor with my sisters and girlfriends.

We were never into movies so much, although we did that sometimes. Our family activity was music - Mom would put on a stack of 45s or maybe some albums. (We had everything from Alice Cooper to Jim Reeves, and even comedy albums.) Sometimes it was just Mom and us, sometimes neighborhood kids joined us. We'd dance, goof, laugh, and just enjoy each other's company. We four kids bickered a lot, but not on album night. My mom was the coolest parent in the neighborhood!

A family opening a board game.
Family Fun Night Ideas
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Columbia Costume (Rocky Horror)
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Kids watching a movie at a birthday party.
Movie Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Girls Having a Slumber Party
Slumber Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 25, 2016 at 6:12:25 AM on in 958 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.