Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Locating Someone for Free

I am trying to find a long lost friend from high school days who sent me an e-mail last year, but I was unable to contact. How can I find their current address?

By looking for you from Flomaton, AL

By katiemaealbertson02/01/2014

Seems impossible.

By alison [2]07/10/2009

A lot of people go on facebook.com if you check up their name you may locate them. It's just an idea. Who knows you may find other friends and even family members I love that site. It list telephone numbers and emails.

By Frugal Fancy07/10/2009

I tried http://www.zabasearch.com/ and it says there are results but it's NOT free to see the results. Sorry!

By Anonymous [848]07/10/2009

You could also call the high school you attended and ask for the name and phone number of the person(s) in charge of the reunion committee of the year your friend graduated because they keep current contact info. I found two very dear friends that way and it didn't cost a penny :-)

By Marian Poke [12]07/10/2009

411.com

By Myrna [13]07/08/2009

It's FREE. This will provide their current address and past ones. http://www.zabasearch.com/

By Corinne07/08/2009

Could you try setting up a facebook or myspace account and searching their real name on there? Many people from high school have found me there. You can use email or real name to find people, and its free.

Another thing you could do is try classmates.com. They do charge you for certain things, but I am pretty sure you just enter your school and grad year and it comes up with all the people in your class that year (if they also have accounts that is). It is possible this friend may have an account with any of these sites, since they are all very popular, not just among the younger crowds anymore.

By Mary07/08/2009

You can type the name into the google search bar but be specific if you can because you will come up with everyone with that name, or you can try whitepages.com as MCW suggested or a yahoo people search. I paid to get a phone number and address from one of the sites (can't remember which one, it may have been people search) but it was only $1.75, so that was reasonable. Good luck.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Locating Someone for Free

***

Locating Someone for Free
*** How can I find a person for free? Tips as suggested by the ThriftyFun community. Post your own advice below.

Editor's Note: Please do not post the person's name that you are trying to find here. We do not have any way to contact people through ThriftyFun.

Whitepages.com Or Reunion Sites

You can use http://www.whitepages.com/9900/ and do a free people search without knowing the city/state. If she has married, though, I would go through Reunion.com or Classmates.com as a free member, and you can at least find her married name if she ever signed up on one of those.

By camo_angels

Google or AnyWho.com

My husband just put me in touch recently with my best friend. We hadn't seen each other in over 40 years. It was great. Keep trying Google and also check out: http://www.anywho.com. Do you by any chance know if she had brothers? Their names wouldn't change and hopefully you'll find your long lost friend.

By Holly

Zabasearch

I recently found a friend that I had lost track of 35 years ago. I used www.zabasearch.com. Good Luck!

By Margaret

MySpace

I know I have posted this before, but here's another shot! http://www.myspace.com

I have found so many people through Myspace! And better yet: people I forgot about have found me, good people. It is free and fun to set up your own website. Just be safe, don't give people your address, phone number, etc. And you go to your "Myspace" to get messages, so no one gets your e-mail address. And finding people from your school is easy and better than that classmate site.

By Starchild in VT

Much Information Is Old

You just have to carefully go through the information. Much of the information listed in the people search sites is about 10 years old.

By Joan

Yahoo People Search

I've found many people from 30 years ago! with Yahoo People Search. The thing to do is, don't look at the big areas of big lettering - look at the small lettering and keep searching from there. It will appear as if you haven't found them, but they may be right there! Also remember their mother's or father's name or their sister's or brother's name - check them all on yahoo people search - if you find them, they will often remember you and tell you how to get a hold of the one you wish to contact.

By Lily 59

Several Sites To Try

Zabasearch, classmates.com, reunion.com, MySpace, and Google their name. As a previous poster mentioned, look through old yearbooks for brothers and sisters, cousins, etc. Call them as last resort. I found everyone who is still living from my 1962 graduating class in 2005 and then again in 2007, and I hadn't seen them since 1962.

By Noella

RE: Locating Someone for Free

Try Facebook. I have recently been contacted by people that I have not seen or heard from in 30 years. Nice surprise and it is very easy to join. (05/12/2008)

By Gina

RE: Locating Someone for Free

www.PeopleFinders.com Great site, gives relatives too! (05/13/2008)

By SnowyFilly

Archive: Locating Someone for Free

***

Locating Someone for Free
*** I am trying to find someone and all the info I have is her birth name, birth date, birth mother and birth father's name, and her place of birth. I have no idea what her name is now. How do I find out what her name is and where she might be now? I cannot afford to pay an investigator and have tried many so-called "free" websites. Any ideas on how to find her? Please help.

By Bsalcorn from Nashville, TN

RE: Locating Someone for Free

Have you tried to contact living relatives or friends? You might locate a paying website that allows you to key in minimal information on someone by using their birth name, birth date, and place of birth. I would begin my search for in this manner. (04/20/2009)

By Lorelei

RE: Locating Someone for Free

You can try to Google her name or parents names and see what that gives you. I also think that the Red Cross helps locate people, so I was told. Good luck. (04/21/2009)

By knewton37

RE: Locating Someone for Free

Start with Google. Google each of the names including the birth place. Use www.zabasearch.com. It's amazing what you can find there. Go to www.classmates.com or www.reunion.com for school info.

Zabasearch gives you an option to plug in a birth year or age which helps. There is another site (I can't think of it now, but you'll probably find it in your Google and zaba search that shows names of possible relatives. In 2005 after our 43rd high school reunion, I was able to find every living person I graduated with using these two searches. And I hadn't been back to the high school in 43 years. Good luck.

Also Google the combination of names, say, her name plus her parents' names. Be sure and use quotation marks and + signs. Example: "John Doe" + "Jane Doe" or even Google the name as "Doe, John". (04/25/2009)

By Noella

RE: Locating Someone for Free

Since you are referring to "birth" names, I'm assuming you are looking for an adoptee. Go to Yahoo Groups and join one of the Adoptee Search groups. I found my birth Mom this way. Folks are very helpful, but you must realize that it will take time. Also, have you researched the adoptions laws in the state in which the person was born? Many states have registries for those searching. God Luck. (04/25/2009)

By gramhome