Buying Wild Game Meat

I am looking to purchase beaver meat from a friend for a non-profit fundraiser wild game dinner. Any clue how much I should be willing to pay, or not pay, for such a thing?

By Dede from Macon, MO

I wouldn't pay anything for wild game meat, but I'm not into that kind of stuff? My guess is if your friend is a true friend he will give you a reasonable price.

I would just try to arrive at a price per pound that is agreeable to both of you since you are friends. Having said that however, I strongly suggest that you check to see if what you are wanting to do is legal. I know, for example, in my state of Mississippi, it is illegal to buy or sell deer meat. Laws about buying and selling wild game meat vary from state to state, and the penalties for breaking those laws can be pretty stiff.

You can buy it online for about 30 bucks a pound. I had it twice in my 20's and it tasted like beef. I would tell your friend to take a look at some other wild game.

Check the laws in your state; some preclude selling wild game meat for money.

Ditto on checking the laws in your state and, sorry, I must add the question of, "Why would anyone want to eat a Beaver unless you're starving even for a fund raising event?"

Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatJanuary 9, 2011
Homemade Wild Bird Food
Homemade Wild Bird Food
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
Wild's Ezy-Sauce
Buying Wild's Ezy-Sauce
wood and rope ring toss game
Ring Toss Game Ideas
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 4:42:37 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.