Can Dogs Get Parvo Again?

My 4 year old Dachshund is having some diarrhea and seems to be refusing his hard dog food. He is still eating just not as much. He almost died as a puppy with parvo. I guess he is a carrier.

What are the chances of a reoccurence of the parvo? He was treated with a booster after a year old, but nothing since. Do I need to be concerned or wait and see how long he has the diarrhea?

By Kathy

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

These are questions best brought to your veterinarian. However, just diarrhea with no vomiting is usually NOT a sign of parvo. I wouldn't push food. He knows how is stomach feels. I'd at least call the vet in the morning and get professional advice. I've never heard of a dog being a carrier of parvo. To the best of my knowledge they either have it or they don't.

Best Answer

Please go to your Vet!

I would definitely call the vet. You don't want your dog to become dehydrated. I wonder if he has an infected tooth, since he is refusing hard food? An infection like that can effect the whole system and needs to be taken care of.

Parvo? Enema with colloidal silver (Health food store) one half hour later, another enema with colloidal silver. Kills germs where they are, they cannot multiply. Dog is renewed and gets strength in a short while.

My puppy had parvo . She is almost 5 yrs old & I would like to get a puppy , is my house and yard safe after all these years ?

A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Pets Dogs HealthApril 18, 2010
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:02:57 PM on 10.0.2.225 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.