MiscellaneousCollectibles

Finding the Company That Made Typewriter Desk

I found this beautiful typewriter desk at a thrift shop and was so thrilled to see it. I am not refinishing it. Someone may have been in the process of doing so because the insides of four of the drawers look either sanded or new. The other two look very old inside. No work was done on the outside of the desk.

I can find nothing that tells me the company that made it. It has what I think may be the original chair with it. On the bottom of the chair is stamped CO2384. On the back of the drawers is written in what looks to be crayon things like #B or #M. Other then this, I can find nothing that tells me who the manufacturer was.

It's in really good condition but shows some wear which I like. You can tell they usually did not use the handle to lift the typewriter compartment but rather the lip of the desk.

I just love it and sure would like to know more about it. Hope someone can tell me! Thanks!

By JanieB