Filling a Rain Barrel With Tap Water

I enjoy my rain barrel for the better quality of water for my garden. I was wondering if I can fill it up with tap water in times of drought and let it sit? Will the chemicals eventually evaporate out and be as good as rain water? If so, how long would it take?

By Tony

Answers

The chlorine will, as it a gas in natural form. Any alum will remain in solution, but just getting rid of chlorine will help.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 16, 2010
Green Rain Barrel
Make Your Own Rain Barrel
Rain Drops on Leaf
Rain Garden Basics
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
Bottled Water
Saving Money on Bottled Water
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 1:13:28 PM on 10.0.1.138 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.