Making a Clothespin Barrel Shaped Pot
Deconstructed clip-on style clothespins can be used to make a cute little barrel to store small items in or for whatever you like. This is a guide about making a clothespin barrel shaped pot
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This rustic style little pot is made from wooden pegs and looks like a mini barrel. Use it for storing a variety of things. Who would have thought that a pile of pegs and a bit of string could look so pretty?
- 1 lid of an aerosol spray can
- 6 to 8 wooden spring pegs (depending on the size of your lid)
- garden string
- 8 large holed beads
- strong all purpose glue
- scissors to cut the string
- Remove the springs from the pegs by twisting.
- Don't throw the springs out they can be used for jewelry making.
- Apply plenty of glue to the lid and arrange the pegs around it with the rough sides facing out.
- The pegs will slip around on the glue so immediately tie string around to hold them in place.
- Leave to dry and then tie the string in bows.
- Thread the beads onto the ends of the string and tie a knot to keep them in place. Trim the end of the string.
- Use your pot for pens and pencils,
- or even add a little soil and a small plant.
January 27, 20160 found this helpful
February 19, 20160 found this helpful
In This Guide