Making a Clothespin Barrel Shaped Pot
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts
January 20, 2016
This rustic style little pot is made from wooden pegs and looks like a mini barrel. Use it for storing a variety of things. Who would have thought that a pile of pegs and a bit of string could look so pretty?
- 1 lid of an aerosol spray can
- 6 to 8 wooden spring pegs (depending on the size of your lid)
- garden string
- 8 large holed beads
- strong all purpose glue
- scissors to cut the string
- Remove the springs from the pegs by twisting.
- Don't throw the springs out they can be used for jewelry making.
- Apply plenty of glue to the lid and arrange the pegs around it with the rough sides facing out.
- The pegs will slip around on the glue so immediately tie string around to hold them in place.
- Leave to dry and then tie the string in bows.
- Thread the beads onto the ends of the string and tie a knot to keep them in place. Trim the end of the string.
- Use your pot for pens and pencils,
- or even add a little soil and a small plant.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.