Books On How To Make Nylon Butterflies

I have been having such a difficult time trying to find out if there are any books to buy that explain how to create the nylon butterflies, flowers and dragonflies? I was mainly searching for the type of nylon fabric I would need to purchase in order to create the nylon butterflies. I have tried everything and have been unsuccessful. I went to craft stores, book stores and even onto the internet. Nothing at all!

I called several web-sites that had the butterflies on them but they didn't know either. I was referred to you from BUGS-N-BLOOM. I pray that you can help me or know anyone that can. I would appreciate and information that will help me to finally find what I have been looking for. Thank you so much.

Patricia

I searched high and low also to try and find any book or craft store that might be able to help me with some information on how to make nylon butterflies, and just couldn't get any answers. I went on line one day and decided to go to goggle.com and then entered HOW TO MAKE FAIRY WINGS, all of a sudden a whole bunch of different sites appeared. Some have actual step by step videos of how to make fairy wings and some just give you written instruction instead. The same way the fairy wings are made can also be applied to the way you make your butterfly wings too.

I was very satisfied with the information each different site had available. I still haven't been able to find any books on the nylon butterflies, but I'm sure there are plenty that explain how to make fairy wings? I believe the "how to make fairy wings" sites are worth looking into.

Here are directions that I found on-line on making nylon butterflies. To create your own butterflies, all you will need is knee high nylon stockings and some wire. The size of wire and nylon will depend on the size you choose to create. The knee high nylons are very cheap and come in a variety of different colors. You can find a picture of a butterfly and enlarge it on any copy machine and follow your wire to the outline of your picture and be sure that it is strong enough to maintain its shape. Pull the nylon stocking over the wire shape. When you have completed this step, you can either sew, glue or tie your nylon ends.

You can create the butterfly body by using a pipe cleaner or some colorful beads that you will connect to any wire. If you take a thin piece of wire and fold it in half and make a dot of glue on the folded part with a glue gun, you can add several colored beads and when you are finished doing that, add another dot of glue and this will keep the beads from sliding off the wire. Take the remaining two wire ends and bend them in the shape of antennas and glue a tiny pearl or bead at each edge to finish your butterfly creation. I hope this helps, Jackie

Making Nylon Butterflies
Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 8, 2008
Nylon Netting for Crafts
Buying Nylon Netting for Crafts
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Monarch butterfly on orange flower.
Attracting Butterflies
Book Lamp
Crafts Using Books
🎄