Using Foil When Making Fudge

I made fudge but it did not set. I lined the pan with foil instead of wax paper. Should I have used waxed paper instead of foil?

By Ashley246 from Maryville, Tn

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

The papar made no difference on whether it sets or does not set. You must not have cooked it long enough if it is the cooked kind.

I have always cooked my fudge 4 1/2-5 minutes, and do use foil.

I've been making fudge for years with no problem. However, today my fudge didn't set up and I've noticed that the condensed milk - my usual brand - is runnier than normal. It could be that the formula they are using is having water added to it to cut costs, and make more of it so the company can produce more for less. I usually add crushed graham crackers to my fudge. I will try again using more crackers than the recipe says to see if that will work. Hope this helps.

Food and Recipes Food Tips CandyDecember 15, 2010
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Southwestern Chicken Breasts
Foil Packet Recipes
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
roll of foil
Using Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap Correctly
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:32:38 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.