Garden: Place Used Fabric Softener Sheets Over Drainage Hole

Gardening is my stress reliever as well as a way to share with friends. I find myself frequently potting cuttings off plants that need to be separated to share with others. A problem I have experienced is finding something to keep the soil in the pot and not running out the drain holes in the bottom. Now I recycle my fabric softener sheets by placing them in the bottom of the pots. They let excess water run out but leave the soil intact. Coffee filters may also be used, but I'm thinking most homes go through more dryer sheets than coffee filters.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

Excellent idea !!! Thank you !!!

Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsJuly 20, 2008
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser