Travel Sized Cosmetics

I always save the hand cream and shampoo mini size bottles that hotels give you. And then refill when empty. That way you don't have to buy a travel size hand cream to fit in your purse.

- Susan

The trial size are great for sending with the kids when they go to camp. If your child "forgets" the shampoo bottle at the end of the week at camp, so be it. At least it wasn't a large bottle of shampoo that he/she forgot. We went to Cuba last winter and to save space in our suitcases I took trial size bottles of my favorite shampoo and conditioner along for us to use. I also took trial sizes along to leave as a thank-you for the maid who cleaned our room.

The maid is an employee who works for money. You can afford to go to Cuba. Please leave those who work for you cash next time. Would you prefer your wage earner--whoever that is--to come home with a trial size of shampoo from someone who earns more?

September 6, 2011 Flag

I have a 2 oz tube of lotion that is perfect for carrying my purse. Instead of purchasing a new travel tube whenever I've used up the lotion, I refill it from the larger tube/bottle I already have on hand which may be located anywhere else in the house.

I use a plunger type syringe (I think it came from the pediatrician's office with meds). Remove the plunger, squeeze the syringe full of lotion, reinsert the plunger, and shoot it into the hole of the smaller tube. Be careful not to overfill, it will come squeezing out on its own if you do. Be prepared for an overflow.

I used to try to line up the holes of the 2 tubes and alternately squeeze and "inhale" the 2 tubes. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. This is a super easy fix, just keep the syringe for the next application.

By Leslie from Portsmouth, VA

Actually, I was wrong on the size of my tube that goes in my purse. it's .5 oz, not 2...so tiny!

Be very careful with this idea. The chemicals in the lotions or product start to break down the plastic of the bottle from the inside. The result can be toxic & irritating to the skin. This is actually one of the reasons they have a shelf life/ best before date on the package. Check out http://safecosmetics.org/ for more info

I really like this idea, now I don't have to throw my little lotion tubes out!

Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
A homemade sewing kit.
Making a Travel Sized Sewing Kit
🎄