Use Syringe To Refill Travel Tubes Of Lotion

I have a 2 oz tube of lotion that is perfect for carrying my purse. Instead of purchasing a new travel tube whenever I've used up the lotion, I refill it from the larger tube/bottle I already have on hand which may be located anywhere else in the house.

I use a plunger type syringe (I think it came from the pediatrician's office with meds). Remove the plunger, squeeze the syringe full of lotion, reinsert the plunger, and shoot it into the hole of the smaller tube. Be careful not to overfill, it will come squeezing out on its own if you do. Be prepared for an overflow.

I used to try to line up the holes of the 2 tubes and alternately squeeze and "inhale" the 2 tubes. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. This is a super easy fix, just keep the syringe for the next application.

By leslie from Portsmouth, VA

Actually, I was wrong on the size of my tube that goes in my purse. it's .5 oz, not 2...so tiny!

Be very careful with this idea. The chemicals in the lotions or product start to break down the plastic of the bottle from the inside. The result can be toxic & irritating to the skin.

This is actually one of the reasons they have a shelf life/ best before date on the package. Check out http://safecosmetics.org/ for more info

I really like this idea, now I don't have to throw my little lotion tubes out!