Making Funnel Cakes With Pancake Mix

I am looking for a funnel cake recipe using pancake mix.

Shanice from Campbellsville, KY

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By sue 2 6 03/01/2007

I do not have a recipe but I would try one small batch of pancake mix add some cinnamon to it and maybe a little more sugar (not a lot) and then thin your batter down a little with a couple of tbsp of water. not much water. get a big funnel put your finger on the tip so it will not pour out to soon and when your ready - go for it. I have not tried what I am saying so I do not know if it right. just play around until you find what your looking for. sue

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By sue 2 6 03/01/2007

http://www.aliciasrecipes.com- it is in the jar recipes section

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Cindy 7 161 03/02/2007

Hi- I don't know about making funnel cakes from pancake mix but here is a recipe that is just as easy. If you are trying to use up some pancake mix I imagine you could follow this same recipe just adding 1 beaten egg and 3/4 cup milk. The pancake mix already has the salt and baking powder so you could try 1 cup plus 2 T pancake mix.
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
dash salt
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 beaten egg

Wire whisk the above ingredients. Pour in a circular shape using a funnel (or bowl with a pour spout )into about 3/4 in of hot oil. Turn once to brown both sides. Drain on paper towels and dust with powdered sugar.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No