Saving Money on Popcorn

Had in Popcorn BowlStore bought microwave popcorn unfortunately is not "health food", mainly because of the artificial butter flavoring. Besides, the corn is likely GMO, and if you are concerned about that, as I am, you want to make your own healthy microwave popcorn at a fraction of the price!

I buy bulk organic non-GMO corn and put some in a previously used brown paper bag. I add a teaspoon of butter, spices and/or salt (if desired), fold the top twice, and throw it in the microwave! Make sure you fill the bag only about 1/5, to allow for popping. Microwave for 2 minutes . . . and done!

No artificial stuff to worry about. The bag can go straight in the compost after use. And the house doesn't smell like "artificial butter" either.

Source: My inspiration is from my teenagers and their friends, who could go through large amounts of popcorn in one evening.

2 More Solutions

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 169 Posts

He bought one of the large bags of popcorn for two dollars. He says this will last him 3 or 4 months as opposed to 2 or 3 dollars a week for microwave popcorn.

Tips for saving money on popcorn as suggested by the ThriftyFun community. Buy the bulk popcorn kernels. Our local movie theater uses coconut oil, so if you can locate that, do.

Saving Money on Popcorn

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips SnacksJuly 30, 2014
🎂
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Popcorn-1.html