Dachshund Has a Non-painful Bump at the Base of His Tail

My 4 year old Dachshund has a bump on the top of his tail right up where it connects to his body. I'm talking about the tail that wags; not the butt. That's the only way I know how to explain it. I've taken him to two different vets. They can't tell me anything without surgery and a biopsy.

A technician working for one of the vets said she sees these all the time on dogs and they are, I think she called them cysts. She said sometimes they come back after having them removed. I know she's not a vet, but she sees a lot of dogs.

Neither vet would give their opinion as to what they think it may be. Both vets said I could have it removed or I could just watch it to see if it gets any bigger. The funny thing is, one day it's barely noticeable and like a dry spot, then a day or so later it's much bigger again. It worries me, but he doesn't act like it bothering him in any way and I haven't noticed him biting or licking it. I'm asking my Thrifty Funpals if their dog has had these and if it could possibly be coming from his diet.

By Betty

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If the Veterinary technician knows more than the Vets change both your current ones and find one that has learnt something at University good luck.

You need to change Veterinarian's ! You need a solid opinion on what's wrong. They can certainly do a biopsy and fine out which type of growth she has. Good luck.

Answer

An adult labrador dog.
Bumps and Lumps on a Dog
Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 24, 2011
dog food dish
Make Your Own Non-Slip Pet Dish
white cat on piano
Understanding Cat Behavior
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mixed Breed Information and Photos
Bed Rail Padding
Bed Rail Padding Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 9:51:39 AM on 10.0.2.94 in 774 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.