Using Vinegar for White Clothing

I use iron out in my laundry to get my whites whiter. I saw on this site about using white vinegar, does this really work and how much do I use?

I have not had any luck with using vinegar to whiten our clothes. I have had luck though with using 1 large bottle of vinegar and 1 large box of baking soda and runnning it through a full cycle with hot water to CLEAN my washing machine. If you have never done this you'll be amazed at how dirty your machine can be! It seems to make the detergent work better when the machine is clean.

1 cup of vinegar DOES work good when added at the beginning of the wash cycle to soften blankets that have become stiff and scratchy.

Do not use it on your towels though, the smell is hard to get rid of for some reason.

I added some baking soda to my detergent for a load of whites and I was amazed at how bright white they came out!

vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJune 4, 2006
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
A spray bottle with a fine mist on a black background.
Removing Creases with Vinegar Spray
bottles of cleaners
Warning About Mixing Vinegar and Bleach
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2017 at 12:39:03 AM on 10.0.2.106 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.