Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Burnt Milk in Stainless Steel Pot

I would like to know if anyone happens to know how to get burnt milk from the bottom of a stainless steel pot?

BJ,Ky

By

By Ann Halwix M.05/23/2013

Self Toronto you just saved my new pan. In less than5 minutes, using vinegar and baking soda, I boiled the liquid and used a wooden spoon to rub the bottom of the pan and everything came out without a scratch!

By Tracy Hynes07/30/2009

This seems to say the same thing. I'm about to give it a try. :)

http://www.ehow.com/how_2134333_clean-burnt-milk-pot.html

By Sef Toronto (Guest Post)08/01/2008

Thanks everyone for the tips. I honestly thought I had to put in the garbage my perfectly good stainless steel pot, I had just mix 1 cup of vinegar (did not have lemon) + a few spoons of baking powder (did not have baking soda) and boiled it for 5 minutes resulting on the stain coming right off the bottom of the pot. Great!

By Susanne (Guest Post)06/29/2008

I kind of read through these answers and made up my own, simple and worked. MY daughter was making cream of wheat in my brand new stainless steel pots and burned the milk on really bad on the bottom. I filled the pot half way with water and added about a tablespoon of "real lemon)" I didn't have fresh lemons. I let it boil for about five minutes and then gently scraped with a silicon spatula (no scratching). I don't whether the lemon actually did anything or just the boiling water. I did have to get some last little bits of stain off using a wet cloth and a bit of baking soda.

By Cathy from Pa. (Guest Post)08/01/2006

Isn't the internet great....this just happened to me...was making bernaise sauce and burnt the milk and have been soaking and scrapping for 2 days...will try the lemon peel tonight.

By Penny LePew (Guest Post)02/05/2006

Thank you all for your suggestions! I was boiling milk in a ss pot, and yes, bottom of pot was burnt to a crisp. I tried s.o.s. pad, no luck. Was reading posting above to use lemon peels, however, did not have a lemon, so used lemon juice, let it soak for a few minutes and then used s.o.s pad and it came right off, hardly any scrubbing. Hope this helps you guys.

By Joan in CT (Guest Post)08/03/2005

My 85 yr.old MIL swears by leaving it set overnight with a paste made from baking soda and dish soap.
Says she hasn't found any stain she can't get off her copper bottom stainless steel pans with it.

By Debbie (Guest Post)08/03/2005

What I do is soak it for a few minutes, then scrub it with steel wool. It doesn't take as much elbow grease as it sounds like--this is why I love stainless steel pots.