DishesCleaning

Burnt Milk in Stainless Steel Pot

I would like to know if anyone happens to know how to get burnt milk from the bottom of a stainless steel pot?

BJ,Ky

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

What I do is soak it for a few minutes, then scrub it with steel wool. It doesn't take as much elbow grease as it sounds like--this is why I love stainless steel pots.

My 85 yr.old MIL swears by leaving it set overnight with a paste made from baking soda and dish soap.

Says she hasn't found any stain she can't get off her copper bottom stainless steel pans with it.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I was boiling milk in a ss pot, and yes, bottom of pot was burnt to a crisp. I tried s.o.s. pad, no luck. Was reading posting above to use lemon peels, however, did not have a lemon, so used lemon juice, let it soak for a few minutes and then used s.o.s pad and it came right off, hardly any scrubbing. Hope this helps you guys.

Isn't the internet great....this just happened to me...was making bernaise sauce and burnt the milk and have been soaking and scrapping for 2 days...will try the lemon peel tonight.

I kind of read through these answers and made up my own, simple and worked. MY daughter was making cream of wheat in my brand new stainless steel pots and burned the milk on really bad on the bottom. I filled the pot half way with water and added about a tablespoon of "real lemon)" I didn't have fresh lemons. I let it boil for about five minutes and then gently scraped with a silicon spatula (no scratching). I don't whether the lemon actually did anything or just the boiling water. I did have to get some last little bits of stain off using a wet cloth and a bit of baking soda.

Thanks everyone for the tips. I honestly thought I had to put in the garbage my perfectly good stainless steel pot, I had just mix 1 cup of vinegar (did not have lemon) + a few spoons of baking powder (did not have baking soda) and boiled it for 5 minutes resulting on the stain coming right off the bottom of the pot. Great!

This seems to say the same thing. I'm about to give it a try. :)

http://www.ehow.com/how_2134333_clean-burnt-milk-pot.html

Self Toronto you just saved my new pan. In less than5 minutes, using vinegar and baking soda, I boiled the liquid and used a wooden spoon to rub the bottom of the pan and everything came out without a scratch!

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesAugust 1, 2005
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 10:40:08 AM on 10.0.2.31 in 688 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.