Lola (Australian Shepard)

Lola is about 10 and an Australian Shepherd. She's a rescue, she was found injured beside a highway. We suspect she was thrown or jumped from the bed of a pick-up truck. Lola (Australian Shepard)

She loves to kayak! We live near the 1996 Olympic venue on Lake Lanier and she's always eager to hop in the boat. She's been the perfect pet since the day we brought her home 4 years ago, proof that rescue pets make the best pets!

By Tess from Gainesville, GA

I agree - rescued pets are the best! I have four of them right now - 3 dogs and 1 cat. My little dog (dachshund/beagle female) was 12 years old when I got her - she's now 14 and still going strong. I don't know how old the others are - they were strays. Thanks for sharing Lola's story with us and God bless you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tess, you warmed my heart with your story about Lola, and the beautiful photo. Also the wonderful post from tedsmom.

We lost our little dog in June from heart disease. He was about twelve, and we had him for ten and a half years. He was a stray from the Humane Society. The grief process is taking a long time, but when and if we get another dog, it will be a rescue.

Wishing you and your furry friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

What a sweetheart!!!! Glad you found each other!

She is goregous and yes rescues are the best pets!

Lola is lucky to have been rescued by you and to

lead such a fine life. Doggie kisses and hugs

to Lola from me and my doggie Honey.

Australian Shepherd Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesDecember 18, 2008
Shepherd's Pie Recipes, A classic mash potato topped shepaherd's pie.
Shepherd's Pie Recipes
Australian Cattle Dog
Australian Cattle Dog Breed Information and Photos
Blue Heeler
Blue Heeler Breed Information and Photos