Craft Projects Using Empty Medicine Bottles and Margarine Tubs

I am trying to come up with "crafty" ways to make something out of medicine bottles and margarine containers (other than using them to store things in, etc., an actual object). Any suggestions?

By DEB from Fulton, NY

I remember my grandmother had a margarine tub "doll" when I was a kid. She kept buttons in there. It was a crocheted skirt with ruffle edging around the tub. The lid had an actual barbie doll's upper torso attached and a crocheted dress that draped over, so when the lid was on it looked like a girl with one of those old period gowns on. As for medicine bottles, I've been wondering what to do with them myself!

Cover the bottles with "Sculpey" or "Fimo" polymer clay designs. I have found that the plastic bottles and lids will come through the 275 degree baking process just fine. I sold a lot of these bottles a few years ago to people who wanted them for pill containers.

I use washed out margarine tubs for the following :-

To store my seeds that I collect in eg runner beans, sunflower

To keep left over foods in the fridge, eg baked beans,

To fill with soil and start off my seeds in them on the window sill

To use as 'saucers' to hold my small plant pots

Empty pill bottles: store q-tips for travel; store jewelry for travel; loose coins for the car console; art school teachers/kindergarten use them; paint the top of the pill bottle-then glue a small flower or beads to the top - put a pretty pair of earrings into the pill bottle as a gift; a paper gift certificate in the bottle; carry band aids in the bottle; paper clips.

Empty Pill Bottles
Craft Ideas for Used Medicine or Pill Bottles
Crafts Recycled CraftsApril 7, 2011
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Empty Wine Bottles
Finding Empty Wine Bottles
Pill Bottle First Aid Kit
Making a Pill Bottle First Aid Kit
🎉
🎄