BathroomHome Improvement

Refurbishing My Mustard Countertop

My bathroom counter top is an awful mustard color and I would like to change it, Is there anyway I can do this without going to the expense of buying a new counter? Would like to do a faux marble.

Use contact paper. Make sure surface is really clean when you apply the paper. It will last a long time. The downside is it's hard to get off when you want to re-do it.

I have read you can paint your counter tops.

http://www.stre  ries/990503d.cfm

There are products that you can use to do this. I have seen them in various magazines. I am sure if you go to your local Home Depot or pull it up on their website it would give you a detailed description of how to do it.

Don't do it yourself. The advice for painting it yourself is bad news and when you decide it looks bad and call a professional refinisher it will cost you a lot more because they will have to strip off what you did. Call a professional refinisher and get a quote. Look in the yellow pages under Bathtub Refinishing. I am a professional refinisher and do amazing things with ugly stuff. Take a look at www.permaglaze.com for some before and after shots of what is possible. The pictures are not my work, but I am a perma-glaze franchise.