Experiences With Canine IMHA (Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia)

My beautiful dog, Bea, passed away yesterday from a horrible illness called IMHA - Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia. I am devastated. If anyone else out there has any experiences with this disease I would like to hear your story. Bea's photo was posted on Thriftyfun in 2007.

By Karenstephanie

I am sorry for the loss of your furbaby! I lost my beloved Amber (a cocker Spaniel) last month from protein losing enteropathy. Our babies are so precious to us. Just wanted to let you know how sorry I am.

Karen

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dog. Years ago, I had a Cairn terrier that died of Autoimmune hemolytic Anemia, which I think is the same thing. She was also a diabetic, but had been stable for several years, and had dry eyes and was on Optimmune, an eye drop that suppressed her immunity in her eyes. I don't think that contributed to her anemia. When I did research, I learned that it sometimes happens after a Parvo vaccine, which she had two weeks before she died. Had your dog had any recent vaccinations? Now, I vaccinate my adult dogs every three years instead of yearly. I consider myself something of a dog "expert", I have bred and shown dogs for years. I definitely believe in vaccinating the young ones for Parvo, because it can be devastating for those that get it. I'm sorry for your loss, I consider my dogs as part of my family.

I don't have any experience with that particular disease,

but I did want to express my deepest sympathy for the loss of your beloved Bea. It hurts so very much when we lose a

much loved furbaby.

Hello, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Bea.

I lost my Cocker Spaniel "Josie" to the same thing. I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years and I had access to all the big guns in the Veterinary field and I could not save my own dog. We did 3 blood transfusions but it did not work. Josie was only 4 years old. I have an oil painting of her in my office here at home. We miss her terribly. A Big hug to you.

Pets Dogs HealthApril 5, 2011
Doctor and Sick Patient
Preparing for Cold and Flu Season
Limiting Fights Over the TV
Limiting Fights Over the TV
Almonds
Recipes Using Almonds
Facial Wart
Facial Wart Remedies
🎄
🍂