Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Clothes Smell Bad After Washing

0 0EmailFollow
Smelling clothing in the washing machine.

If your freshly washed clothes have a bad or sour smell, some sleuthing may be called for to determine the cause. This is a guide about when clothes smell bad after washing.

Here are questions related to Clothes Smell Bad After Washing.

Question: Laundry Smells Bad After Washing

Sometimes I forget I have a load of wash in the washing machine that has begun to smell musty. How can I get rid of the smell that sometimes remains in the cloths even after washing them again?

By Mary Jean from Budd Lake, NJ

Best Answer

By Mimi10/30/2010

With towels use the hottest water you can vinegar is good to use so is oxi clean. I use oxi-clean instead of clorox, clorox eats up the clothes oxi clean doesn't. With the clothes vinegar or oxi-clean (dissolved first). Use at least warm water on clothes.

Question: Clothes Smell Sour

My clothes smell real bad. I have tried washing them twice each time I visit the laundromat. I followed your instructions regarding vinegar and today when I on the train everyone started sniffing around me. When my fellow employees past my desk the smell themselves. I am desperate and need advice asap.

I sometimes ask people if I smell funny, they say no but it doesn't sound sincere. My sense of smell is poor so I can't even tell if I do smell funny. I used to wash my clothes 2-3 times a week. I cry sometimes because I don't know what to do. I know its not B.O, my clothes just smell sour. I am afraid to wear perfume.

I am becoming more depressed every day. Today I went straight to the nearest clothing store and purchased a whole outfit and then on my lunch break went out and purchased bras because I noticed they smell really bad. Please help me or I might just lose my job.

Debbie from NY

Most Recent Answer

By CorinBerginia03/16/2015

I have been thru it myself, when I went to school, other students just didn't come closer to me. And my solution was and still is to wear a cotton T-shirt under my uniform and when doing laundry I wash the uniforms normally but my T-shirts by hand and I concentrate the washing at the underarm to remove any deodorant and everything and then I wash them normally by machine again, I do that every week and only once a month I wash my uniforms like I wash my cotton T-shirts. It is much work but I think its worth it. And where I live people sweat alot cause it's very hot so it is needed. This method has given me good results and I hope it will be so for you too.

Question: Foul Smelling Clothes

I have some foul smelling clothes. I tried vinegar, fabreeze, lestoil, baking soda the works. I have to wash my clothes 2 times a week and the smell is still there. Any ideas.

Deborah from NYC

Most Recent Answer

By Connie09/07/2009

I use a cup of ammonia in the wash. This was used years ago by my grandmother to freshed blankets that had been stored away. My husband's work shirts smelled awful & this gets them fresh. Hope this helps.

Question: My Clothes Don't Smell Good

How can I get my laundry to smell good?

By Josie from Washington, MI

Most Recent Answer

By Sara02/09/2011

I always use Febreze SPORT on my work and workout clothes! Works GREAT for me!

Question: Clean Clothes Smell Bad

Why do my clean clothes smell after awhile? I rewashed clean clothes because they smelled and now they smell again after being in the laundry basket. Please help

By Barbara from Youngstown, OH

Most Recent Answer

By Jana [7]04/15/2010

Also, you can clean your washer by running a load with just water and a cup or two of white vinegar.

Question: Work Clothes Smell Bad After Washing

My work clothes get washed regularly by themselves. The smells don't go even after they've been washed. Shall I hand wash it? Any recommendations would be helpful.

By F. C.

Most Recent Answer

By happy.now [1]02/07/2015

Some times I use All liquid detergent and baking soda. I used this even after a fire for the soot smell. Thought this might help. J

Question: Sour Smelling Clothes

Recently I discovered my clothes have started to smell sour like vinegar. I use Gain detergent and fabric softener along with baking soda. What else can I do?

By Laken M

Most Recent Answer

By Abigail A. [8]02/11/2015

1. Run your washer with bleach to kill bacteria in your washer.
2. Use white vinegar or Borax in your wash instead of baking soda. Don't overload your washer and put clothes in the dryer right away. Don't let them sit.

Solutions: Clothes Smell Bad After Washing

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!