How can I stop my nails from splitting?

How can I stop my nails from splitting?

SOS from Cape Town

Three months ago, SOS, I started taking gelatin capsules (available at my local pharmacy and even the vitamin aisle at my grocery store). It's made one heck of a difference! And it's easier than eating Jello every day.

Good luck!

Rose Anne

My dermatologist suggested I take biotin (it's one of the B vitamins), around 2000mg a day. He said there's not enough in a b-complex or multi vitamin, get just biotin. It's water soluble which means that you're not going to overdose on it, your body will "pee-out" what you don't use (it's the fat soluble vitamins you have to worry about taking too much). I got a bottle at Walmart. While your nails are growing out, keep them filed if they break or split & keep nail polish on for protection (clear if you don't like colored).

I use a product called "nail strengthener" by the company O-P-I. It is called Nail Envy. It brushes on like clear nail polish. I usually put on about 3 coats over 2 days time. It makes my nails really hard and strong. It has worked the best for me and I've tried many different products.

I have found that Biotin, which you can get anywhere vitamins are sold, helps make my fingernails stronger and less apt to split.

SOS-I have had this problem for years and years. I tried all sorts of things,some of whitch I found on Thrifty Fun. The one that has worked for me is a product by Sally Hansen. It's called NAILGROWTH miracle (salon strength) It comes in a metalic gold bottle with a gold lid. It cost me around $7.00, and is worth every penny.Give it a try!

Judy (bjptl)

Go to the mall and find the kiosk that sells Seacrets nail kit for $19.99. Well worth the money as it lasts for many months. My nails used to be so fragile being on thyroid medicine and now they are rock hard and always look like a french manicure using this product.

I tried everything then a friend told me what she did,keep your nails polished with "Hard as nails" polish, it works. I use the clear unless we are going out I apply the color on top of the clear, good luck.

Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsNovember 2, 2006
sore nails
Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
pill splitter
Splitting Pills
🎄