Adding Crystal Light To Water

Does adding Crystal Light to my water change the affects that water has on my body?

Aliesha

Hi,

The only thing I know for sure is Crystal Lite has Aspartame in, and to much of it isn't good for us.

I drink diet drinks, and Crystal Lite, I love the Ruby Grapefruit and the new Cranberry. I just don't drink it all day.

I drink a lot of water all during the day, and I'll have a soft drink or some other diet drink just to break up the monotony.

You might want to research Aspartame.

Now many doctors now say as long as you take in 8 cups of water a day that you met your goal. Mostly everything is made with water and your body sorts it out. If you go to sparkpeople.com, it is free, you can find out everything you need to know.

Both posters have good points. Just watch your intake as with anything else. Artificial sweeteners, flavors, and preservatives are never good for you. I like to add True Lemon to my water for flavor. Check it out at their website and request a free sample. It comes in lemon, lime, and orange. It is also a LOT cheaper then crystal light and other water flavoring packets and I believe it is made with natural ingredients.

Not only can artificial sweeteners be very toxic to some individuals, they can be very counter-productive to fat loss specifically. There is no evidence that diet products actually help you lose weight. There is even some suspicion that sugar substitutes of all types may cause weight gain because they increase your brain's desire for sugar.

I was drinking it for awhile then noticed it left a residue behind on the plastic water bottle...with that being said I wondered what it left behind on my insides?

I would agree if it has asparteme in it - it would only be good in moderation, My teenage daughter actually doesn't drink the most heathy stuff - gatorade - yes it has elctrolytes but also sugar - I bought her Recharge which is like gatorade without the chemicals and she thought it was gross. Of course a lot of those drinks that sound good for you aren't like Vitamin Water but my point is......my daughters NP has told her water is the best and if she doesn't like it to add Crystal light - maybe not the best but if your not going to drink anything but a flavored water..... I can't stand those water with fructose in them - I think they are awful. I also heard Crystal light was coming out with one with fiber added to it but have yet to see it.

I am not crazy about the artificial color products. The aspartame doesn't bother me (although I think Splenda tastes slightly better).

I open the little tub just at the edge a little, then use it like a salt shaker. I run a cup of water, then shake in a little flavor. This way I use it four times as far. If it were full strength, it would taste like real grapefruit juice, very zingy.

I buy some Chrissie only when in the mood, then I get out of the mood again and drink the water plain. From my refrigerator fountain in the front, it tastes very good. Darn filters cost too much, but thassa nuther story.

No one mentioned caffeine. The Iced Tea has caffeine in it too. It doesn't bother me at all, or the artificial sweeteners, although I don't live on the stuff.

i say water is water. crystal light has chemicals. water has no chemicals if you use a filter.

As an adult you may choose to eat and drink these chemicals but pregnant women and children should never consume artificial sweetners. They can cause kidney dammage, not to mention stomach problems.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesAugust 15, 2008
Crystal Decanter
Using Lead Crystal
Crystal Chandelier
Making a Crystal Chandelier
Red Wine in Crystal Glass on Black
Cleaning Crystal
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
🎄
🍂