Removing Skunk Odor From Under The House

How can I remove skunk from under my house?

By Andrew from Chino, CA

Hi I know how you can keep skunks from going under your home in the first place. Get a bunch of old panty hose, really cheap smelly perfume, and lots of wool. Cut lengths of old panty hose, fill with wool, tie a bow, with strands of wool at each end. Then spray the wool w/ lots of the cheap perfume, then put some under your house as well as all around the perimeter. I know this works, because I tried it.

September 5, 2010 Flag

I need to get rid of skunk odor under a mobile home, with insulation that a skunk has sprayed. Odor has been there 3 months. No tenants want to live there. Help.

By Richard from Phoenix, AZ

It may be less stress (and cash) in the long run to yank out the old insulation and put in new rather than going through a bunch of purchases for home remedies that may not work.

After that, I'd make sure all the skirting is intact and tight so no more critters of any kind can get underneath and wreak havoc there. (03/16/2010)

By PupperMom

March 13, 2010 Flag

We had the privilege of a skunk dying under our house two weeks ago. He got into a crawl space that is nearly impossible to get to. How can I get the horrid smell out of concrete? Please help.

By Jenny from MI

Try throwing handfuls of activated charcoal around the skunk to absorb odors. (02/10/2010)

By Rosiegirll

Buy some peppermint oil and dilute it to about 1/4 cup to a gallon of water and spray it all around the area. I used a new garden sprayer that is designed for weed killer or fertilizer. The hose and wand give you a much farther reach than a spray bottle would. I bought a high quality peppermint oil in a quart bottle from someone on eBay and it was well worth the money. Peppermint is supposed to repel many types of nuisance critters, also. Thankfully, I love the aroma of peppermint. (02/11/2010)

By phkat

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsSeptember 5, 2010
A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
Skunk On white Background
Removing Skunk Odor From Carpet
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books