Preventing Wood Ticks and Fleas

If you put 3 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar in a gallon of water each time you refill your pet's water, they will be free from wood ticks and fleas.

By Enola from WI

I love this tip if it works it will save me $30 a month that I've been spending on Comfortis. I'm going to try this thanks for posting this info. You didn't say, do you do this or is it a tip that you read?

I wonder if this would work on people. Every time I go out I can take at least two ticks off me.

If this works I will save $l50.00 a month, so I really hope it works. As you can see we have more sand than grass and fleaing a whole acre has been expensive. When it is dry nothing works. sand, sand, sand and finally we got a rain.

How did you learn about this tip - did a vet recommend it, did you read it in a pet book, is it something a friend told you about? If it really works, it's a great tip for sure! Thanks for sharing.

My mom used this method for years, only she used cider vinegar. She lives in a high-desert area with lots of fleas. All the neighbors pets had problems with them. My mom put vinegar in their water & she never had a flea problem with her dogs or her indoor cats in the 20 years she used it. I don't know how it works on ticks.

Getting Rid of Fleas and Ticks
Pets FleasJune 25, 2011
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
Tick on Skin
Getting Rid of Ticks