Grass Stains on Denim

How do I remove grass stains from denim?

Cathy

I love Oxy Clean spray. I spray it on, wait a few minutes then scrub it with a small fingernail brush. Depending on the stain, I may spray and scrub a couple of times.

I just removed grass stains from my daughter's jeans presoaking the spots with Zout (available at Walmart).

There is a soap called ASTONISH that we can get in Canada that is fantastic on grass stains. In the UK it is called VANISH. Also, Oxyclean is great, as well as SUNLIGHT dishwasher detergent. With the Sunlight you have to apply it to the stained area, let it soak for an hour or so, then GENTLEY rub the area. You may have to repeat depending upon the degree of staining. Launder as normal. Good Luck.

Spray a little window cleaner on the spot and rub. (I use a toothbrush and scrub.) Wash as usual. hard to believe, but it really works.

This works on denim, and khaki also, I have a backyard football player. And I got this recipe from a friend.

In a spray bottle, put a mixture of 1/2 ammonia, and 1/2 "Era" detergent. (mix well) Spray this on the grass stain, (works on many different kinds of stains), and scrub with an old fashion scrub brush, (the kind with bristles, but, not metal bristles, mine is plastic bristles)... Then throw in a wash, and wash with "Era" wash detergent, soak for about 15 minutes after it has agitated well... (note, you don't have to scrub the stain until it is completely gone with the brush, but, the stain should be "fading", and that means it's on it's way out) I've had some pretty bad grass and red clay dirt stains on my son's jeans and khaki's and if I scrub and soak a little in the washer, then wash, it works every time....

happy washing from Glinda in KY.

Grass Stains on Jeans
Removing Grass Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 7, 2007
custom bleached denim with an intricate design
Bleaching Denim
The back pocket of blue jeans.
Softening Stiff Denim
Denim Wallet
Making a Denim Wallet
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
🎉
🎄