Add Handles To Flat Templates

I will be cutting and selling appliques for very soon. However, it's hard to find shapes I love that are not flat. So, I went and found some wooden shapes very cheap, and made "handles" for them from bottle caps. All I needed was some contact cement and a day to dry. Now, I can draw around them to my hearts content! Get it?

If you have something similar like hard cardboard or plastic canvas, and you want to streamline your projects, this will help. If you are working with plastic canvas, make sure you remember not to leave the plastic on paper, fabric, or good furniture, as the glue will ooze through the grids.

Source: My own need to pick them up and put them down easier, saving my nails and my sanity!

By Sandi from Yorktown, VA

Ooo, very clever. Thank you, dru

What a great idea for aged care centres. Bottle tops are used for playing bingo, but this is an excellent idea for craftwork.

Great idea!

Love it!

Sandy, you might also consider using corks from craft stores [ or even hardware stores] as they are a bit higher and might be easier to handle than the caps. Older crafters who may have arthritis in their fingers may also find the higher corks easier to use.

Craft tools you can make
Homemade Craft Tools
Crafts MiscellaneousJanuary 11, 2010
Flat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies Come Out Flat
Drying Rack for Laundry
Homemade Flat Drying Rack for Laundry
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
Repairing a Flat Tire
Repairing a Flat Tire