Low Cost or Free Vet Practice Near Novi Michigan

Please help! My dog is sick and needs medical help. He is losing weight, (3 more lbs in past 2 weeks for a total weight loss of 9 lbs). His symptoms are lethargia, and about 4x's a day gagging like there's something caught in his throat.

I'm out of work so 2 weeks ago I took him to "All about Animals" in Pontiac, MI where they tested him for heartworm and said he doesn't have it. But I can see he is getting worse so on (7/20/10) I took him to the Humane Society where they said without $ it could be anything so I need to come back with $ to pay for blood tests and x-rays. They gave me a prescription for amoxicillin, which I am giving him now.

I've tried, but I can't get any vet to help me because I don't have the money to pay up front. I'm desperate. Does anyone have any other ideas to offer? Do you know of a low cost or free vet practice near my home? Please, someone help my dog.

You can search this site and find a picture of him, his name is Hoochie Poochie! aka Hooch (from the movie Turner & Hooch.) Hoochie Poochie I love him so much and this is so hard on me because I feel like I'm not doing enough for him.

By SarahSarah from Novi, MI

This explains what to look for in locating the cause of your dog's gagging.

CareCredit is a type insurance, but can be used up front to pay for the vet bill. Monthly payments are made until paid off. My dentist offers CareCredit and it includes a lot of other care/health needs besides dentists and vets. Do a google search for CareCredit and it's easy to sign up for it.

My dog was gagging and had swallowed a small piece of wood from the deck when he was a pup and the vet gave him antibiotics for the irritated throat. He was ok in a few days.

With your dog losing weight; my guess is it's got to be more than a throat irritation.

I heard some time ago dogs can get balls or other objects caught in their throat or wind pipe, it would cause trouble breathing and eating, maybe a fireman can help,or try what they do for choking people, I don't know how to spell that technique. I hope this helps. Mary S.

Pets Dogs HealthJuly 23, 2010
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Michigan Christmas Charities
A dog being check out by a veterinarian.
Finding a Low Cost Vet Clinic
Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in Minnesota
map of Michigan
Michigan Frugal Travel Guide