I have a radio receiver which operates on dry cell batteries. The battery compartment consists of two tubes one houses 3 cells while the other one has one cell. Both tubes have springs on one end (which touch the -ve pole of cells). Due to batteries being there for a long time there has been electrolyte leakage which has spilled inside the tubes and the springs have got corroded.
I need advice on how to clean the spilled electrolyte (which is dry now) and the springs which have corrosion on surface which is preventing current flow.
If it helps, my radio receiver is Hitachi Worldspace Receiver.