Matted Faux Fur

I accidently put a faux fur lined jacket in the dryer for 10 minutes. Of course, it is now matted. Is there anything I can do?

Treva from AZ

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I would suggest finding a shoe brush used for suede shoes it has a short soft bristle with usually a wood handle and resembles a scrub brush

I use it on teddy bears and dols hair i am trying to retore for my private collections. Good luck

i did the same thing..it sounds like its "burned" because "modacrylic" means in a round about way, plastic! I tried brushing it, and then clipping it back...if you have a sweater defuzzer, try that, or scissors...i was upset because mine was the whole shawl collar!!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Faux Fur
Fixing Matted Faux Fur
Home and Garden Repair ClothingJanuary 6, 2007
Cleaning Mink Fur
Cleaning Mink Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
Bunny Losing Its Fur
White fake cake of boxes and bows
Faux Wedding Cake Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 11, 2016 at 9:05:10 AM on 10.0.0.5 in 528 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.