Cat Hair Loss from Flea Allergy

Have a pet who lost all her coat because of a flea allergy. Most of her coat has been restored except for a spot on her neck. What can I do to restore that bald spot?

Denise from Beverly Hills, CA

Why are you not asking the vet who helped you eradicate the fleas? a phone call doesn't cost money!

Whenever my cat lost his fur, it seemed to grow back the following season. Cats get a lighter coat in spring/summer and a heavier coat in fall/winter. The fur might start growing, but would fill out the following season to the point where it wouldn't be noticable.

The hair should grow back naturally unless there is scar tissue there. I don't think hair can grow on a scar. I'm for asking your Vet. Best of luck from another cat lover.

I forgot to tell you in my last post that my cat's fur got really thick and full when I changed her food to Purina One in the blue bag. (She will not eat the Purina One Naturals.) It took an expensive trip to the animal hospital for me to shell out the extra money for Purina One. But once I saw how beautiful she looked and felt to my hands, I felt sorry I had deprived her of vital nutrients in the cheaper dry cat foods. (Just think how we might look if we ate better food! rofl) Again, best of luck always.

cat biting hair of his leg
Remedies for Cat Losing Hair
Pets CatsDecember 25, 2007
Dog Loosing Hair
Remedies for Hair Loss in Dogs
Dog Eating Food From Bowl
Determining Pet's Food Allergy by Elimination Diet
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄