Recovering Sandals With Suede Fabric

I have a pair of sandals that I got about 2 years ago at the thrift store. I wore them so much, they got pretty ratty on the part where you put your foot in and the foam part of the padding started coming up. They were just not a pretty sight while off, but they are still OK on. Believe it or not, I've gotten many compliments on these $5 sandals!

I wanted to fix them up, so I started thinking about what I could do. I figured that since they now sell shoes that have suede/sueded lining, I could check out the craft store and see what I could use to cover the lining. I ended up buying a piece of suede and cutting it to fit, and then super gluing it in. They look so much better now, and although it's not perfect, I get to keep wearing the shoes I love.

I have been shopping for replacements for a low price for a while, but I really wanted to keep these shoes. I'm sure this will prolong their life!

By Jackie R. from Feasterville, PA

What a good idea.

Very clever!

Repair them and stitch some sequins on the straps.

Sandals
Repairing Sandals
Home and Garden Repair ClothingAugust 27, 2009
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
Blue Suede Couch in Carpeted  Living Room
Cleaning Suede
blue suede shoes
Dyeing Suede Shoes
Yellow and blue strappy sandals against a white background
Fixing Squeaky Sandals
🎉
🎄