Removing Stuck on Flannel from Dining Table

A lined/plastic table cloth back is stuck to an antique table. I don't want to re-finish it. I just want to take off the fuzzy stuff left behind. Warm water did not work.

Keeper from NC

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have cleaned an antique chair that had years of build up on the arms from dirt and oils. I sprayed a pure bees wax polish on it and let it set for about 1 minutes. I sprayed it really heavy. Then wiped and wiped with a soft cloth. It was amazing. Good luck.

I had the same problem and tried many things including "goo gone", spray cleaners, warm water. Nothing really did the trick. The flannel is gone but there is still a white cast of fuzz on my dining room table. Good luck.

(submitted via email)

Did you get an answer that worked for removing the white cotton left on your table. I have the same problem and can not find anything to remove it. I need help!

carolyn

Answer

I need help regarding my formal/wood dining room table. I had a vinyl flannel lined table cloth on it, under my fancy table cloth. A hot dish caused the flannel to get stuck to the table. How can I remove it? It is a white, fuzzy, dried glue mess.

Edith from CT

Removing Stuck On Flannel from Dining Table

Have you tried a really oily furniture polish? Maybe that applied with a Dobie scrubber (nylon mesh covered sponge) and then follow up with a good polishing all over the table. Like I tell my kids, "can't hurt, might help!" (11/30/2007)

By Glenn'sMom

Try Avon Skin So soft. Works wonders. I use it in the summer especially to wipe the wooden furniture. When we lived in a RV that is all I used to wipe the wood. It cleans, helps keep the bug population low and it smells so good! (12/03/2007)

By lavonneann

I bought a wood table that had a price sticker on it. I used WD40 and it came right up. (12/03/2007)

By Verue

Baby wipes. They work on just about anything at all. (12/03/2007)

By Connie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureMarch 28, 2008
Flannel Shirts
Uses for Old Flannel Shirts
Flannel Pillows
Flannel Pillow Instructions
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Dining Room Table
Protecting Your Dining Room Table
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 12:07:40 AM on 10.0.2.19 in 920 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.