Flannel Pillow Instructions

Category Decorations
Flannel pillows are easy to make even if you don't have a sewing machine. They are a great accessory for a more casual home decor setting. This is a page about flannel pillow instructions.

Christine Weber

Here's a lovely gift that will ensure sweet dreams all winter long.

Materials and Equipment:

Instructions:

1. Fold the flannel fabric in half with the good side of the material facing inwards. You should now have a double-sided square that is 20 x 20 inches in size.
  2. Pin an unfinished edge together with pins, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Hand sew the two sides of the material together along this edge. You can also use a sewing machine if you have one.
  3. Advertisement

4. Pin another unfinished edge together with pins, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Sew the two sides of the material together along this edge.
  5. Turn the pillow right side out, so that the good side of the material is facing outwards. Stuff the pillow with polyfill to the desired thickness.
  6. Pin the last unfinished edge together, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Sew the two sides of the material together, looping the thread over the top of the edge as you sew to create a finished look.
  7. Sew beads, buttons, or ribbons onto the pillow if you are just using it for decoration. I can't resist a nap on a soft flannel pillow, so the one in the picture is unadorned.
  8. Enjoy a well-earned nap or give as a gift!

Great idea , Christine
I just finished making flannel nightgowns for my 2
great granddaughters. So with the extra material

(i bought too much at the time) I will make pillows to match their nightgowns.
Great idea for useing leftover material.
Thank you

Shirley Ont., Canada

hi can you tell me if I can put a picture on the pillow with transfer paper or use HTV or siseer vinly on it ?
thanks

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsApril 21, 2014
🎃