Flannel Pillow Instructions
March 30, 2006
Here's a lovely gift that will ensure sweet dreams all winter long.
Materials and Equipment:
- flannel fabric, 20 x 40 inches, color of your choice
- thread to match the fabric
- measuring tape
- polyfill stuffing
- beads or buttons as embellishment (optional)
- Fold the flannel fabric in half with the good side of the material facing inwards. You should now have a double-sided square that is 20 x 20 inches in size.
- Pin an unfinished edge together with pins, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Hand sew the two sides of the material together along this edge. You can also use a sewing machine if you have one.
- Pin another unfinished edge together with pins, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Sew the two sides of the material together along this edge.
- Turn the pillow right side out, so that the good side of the material is facing outwards. Stuff the pillow with polyfill to the desired thickness.
- Pin the last unfinished edge together, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Sew the two sides of the material together, looping the thread over the top of the edge as you sew to create a finished look.
- Sew beads, buttons, or ribbons onto the pillow if you are just using it for decoration. I can't resist a nap on a soft flannel pillow, so the one in the picture is unadorned.
- Enjoy a well-earned nap or give as a gift!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.