Removing Stuck on Flannel from a Dining Table

Category Tables
Sometimes, flannel backed tablecloths can be left on a table for years, becoming stuck to the finish. This is a guide about removing stuck on flannel from a dining table.

A lined/plastic table cloth back is stuck to an antique table. I don't want to re-finish it. I just want to take off the fuzzy stuff left behind. Warm water did not work.

Keeper from NC

Answers

Best Answer

I have cleaned an antique chair that had years of build up on the arms from dirt and oils. I sprayed a pure bees wax polish on it and let it set for about 1 minutes. I sprayed it really heavy. Then wiped and wiped with a soft cloth. It was amazing. Good luck.

I need help regarding my formal/wood dining room table. I had a vinyl flannel lined table cloth on it, under my fancy table cloth. A hot dish caused the flannel to get stuck to the table. How can I remove it? It is a white, fuzzy, dried glue mess.

Edith from CT

Answers:

Removing Stuck On Flannel from Dining Table

Have you tried a really oily furniture polish? Maybe that applied with a Dobie scrubber (nylon mesh covered sponge) and then follow up with a good polishing all over the table. Like I tell my kids, "can't hurt, might help!" (11/30/2007)

By Judi

Try Avon Skin So soft. Works wonders. I use it in the summer especially to wipe the wooden furniture. When we lived in a RV that is all I used to wipe the wood. It cleans, helps keep the bug population low and it smells so good! (12/03/2007)

By lavonneann

I bought a wood table that had a price sticker on it. I used WD40 and it came right up. (12/03/2007)

By Verue

Baby wipes. They work on just about anything at all. (12/03/2007)

By Connie