Hollow Book for Hiding Items

Hollow Book for Hiding Items Need to hide something? Buy a hardback book at a thrift store and transform it into a hollow book. Just use a utility knife to cut out a rectangular hole in the book pages. Use a straight edge to guide the knife. Use rubber cement to glue all the pages together and you have a great place to hide items on your bookshelf.

great idea I shall have to try.

I've done this!

it's great, fun, and can actually be funny!

The book I have is on magic (stage magic) titled "Effective Conjuring" which is nearly ironic once I open it up to pull random items form thin air :lol:

I used elmers white glue though...but it was on a lark, and as with most spur of the moment things you just gotta make due.

For a "bigger box" you can actually take several books and simply leave the two end books covers in tact.

(note: There is a book lamp thread around somplace which may fit nicely with this idea).

It's me again...

I took a pic of the inside of my book!

It's rough, but can be cleaned further, or better yet, you could line it with felt or something of that nature.

Good Ideal.

I have also heard if you want to hide money hide in a Bible.

A thief will never steal a Bible.

Money hidden in a china sugar pot.
Hiding Valuables
Crafts MiscellaneousMarch 10, 2006
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
girl looking at a pimple
Hiding a Pimple
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items