CakesBaking & Desserts

Triple Chocolate Cake In Pint Jars

My sister-in-law makes a Triple Chocolate Cake that is made in pint jars. I would like the recipe and how to bake them in the jars without asking her. I always end up purchasing her cakes, along with homemade candies every reunion. I can't ask her to share her secrets. Can anyone help?

judith1951 from Summersville, WV

I believe you can bake almost any kind of cake in a jar. You just have to be careful not to over fill the jars or you'll have a mess on your hands. There are several recipes on the web. Here is a site for a chocolate applesauce cake. http://marymae. … com/jar/141.html

If you click the home button, you will find the Jar/Mixes link which will take you to a page full of gifts involving jars. Most of them are mixes but some do have bake-in-the-jar recipes; you just have to be persistant.

I just put in cakes in a jar in the search engine of my home page and several links came up. This one looked interesting:

http://www.razz … ifts/jarcake.htm

How do you serve the cake? Scoop it out with a spoon?

I have often seen these recipes on this website. http://realfood4realpeople.com

I get their emails several times a week and love the recipes and you can also search the website for the specific recipe you are looking for.

Sandra

Supposedly, if you use the straight-up wide mouth jars, it will slide out and you can slice it. Can't recall if I have ever seen them.....but then again, I really haven't looked either. I found a site that you can bake cakes in a coffee mug and give as a gift. That, you top with whipped cream and eat with a spoon out of the mug. Cute idea.

I would agree with Sandra. I love the website and newsletters from www.realfood4realpeople.com She has lots of ideas for cakes in jars as well as mixes in jars to give as gifts.