Triple Chocolate Cake In Pint Jars

My sister-in-law makes a Triple Chocolate Cake that is made in pint jars. I would like the recipe and how to bake them in the jars without asking her. I always end up purchasing her cakes, along with homemade candies every reunion. I can't ask her to share her secrets. Can anyone help?

judith1951 from Summersville, WV

I believe you can bake almost any kind of cake in a jar. You just have to be careful not to over fill the jars or you'll have a mess on your hands. There are several recipes on the web. Here is a site for a chocolate applesauce cake. http://marymae.tripod.com/jar/141.html

If you click the home button, you will find the Jar/Mixes link which will take you to a page full of gifts involving jars. Most of them are mixes but some do have bake-in-the-jar recipes; you just have to be persistant.

I just put in cakes in a jar in the search engine of my home page and several links came up. This one looked interesting:

http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/christmas/gifts/jarcake.htm

How do you serve the cake? Scoop it out with a spoon?

I have often seen these recipes on this website. http://realfood4realpeople.com

I get their emails several times a week and love the recipes and you can also search the website for the specific recipe you are looking for.

Sandra

Supposedly, if you use the straight-up wide mouth jars, it will slide out and you can slice it. Can't recall if I have ever seen them.....but then again, I really haven't looked either. I found a site that you can bake cakes in a coffee mug and give as a gift. That, you top with whipped cream and eat with a spoon out of the mug. Cute idea.

I would agree with Sandra. I love the website and newsletters from www.realfood4realpeople.com She has lots of ideas for cakes in jars as well as mixes in jars to give as gifts.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesMarch 23, 2006
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Chocolate fondue
Chocolate Fondue Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
🎄