Icemaker Overfills with Water

I have a Kitchenaid refrigerator, model #ksrj25cnss00. The icemaker has water coming over the front panel of the icemaker and making a large icicle in my freezer. Any advice?

By Eddie from Chicago

July 2, 2010 Flag

I have a Whirlpool side by side fridge, the ice maker overfills. Fridge is about 10 or 11 years old and otherwise works fine. It seems to let about twice as much water into the cube unit and this spills over into cube box (which makes for quite a mess in the cube box).

Sue from Coopersville, MI

Icemaker Overfills with Water

Thirty+ years ago I was a refrigeration and A/C technician, so what I'm telling you may be out of date, but I don't think refrigerators changed much until recently when they started putting computers in them.

That said, there is a small switch inside the "motor housing" part of the icemaker that has probably either gone bad or the adjustment for the water level changed from household vibrations. Either way you're going to have to either have the unit serviced or do without it. Simply turning off either the icemaker or the water to the icemaker will prevent the mess from happening. (12/03/2007)

Refrigerator Ice Maker
Ice Maker Water is Overflowing
Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorJuly 2, 2010
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Icemaker Overfills the Ice Bin