Caramel Rice Pudding Recipe

I would like the recipe for this pudding. I've checked the internet and can't find the exact one I am looking for. The rice turns out all caramel colored, but it doesn't have any brown sugar or cinnamon in it.

The ingredients are white rice, milk, water, raisins, white sugar and baking soda. I don't have the measurements though and I can't figure out why it turns a caramel color. You bake it in the oven. That's all I know. Doesn't anyone have this recipe? I don't believe any eggs were used. Thanks. GailDarlene

By GailDarlene from Toronto, Canada

Best Answer

Make a rice pudding the normal way, add raisins. These are what turn the pudding a caramel colour. You don,t need to add anything extra. If you make it in a slow cooker this also makes it extra caramelly and creamy. I hope this helps. Good luck. Jan UK

Best Answer

I have actually found the answer to my query, so I thought I would share it with all those who tried to help me. The caramel Recipe is:

2 cups milk

2 cups water

1 cup sugar(white)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup rice ( I used instant, but long grein or anykind you usually use in baked rice pudding is fine.

raisins ( as many as you want or omit if you dont want.)

stir all together. and pour into casserole dish ,make sure that its large enough so pudding wonted boil over.

Bake at 400 degrees for 1 1/2 hrs. stirring after each half hour. If you never liked rice pudding but love caramel you will love this recipe. Thanks for all your help. GailDarlene

Sorry, I don't have the recipe you are looking for but I do know that baking soda is why peanut brittle and pralines candy turn brown when it is added. I hope you get the recipe. I would like to try it. Good luck.

Caramel Rice Pudding

Preheat oven to: 350F

1/2 cup white long grain rice

1/2 cup white sugar

2 cups water

1 cup milk

1/2 tsp. baking soda

Large piece of butter (I use a bit more)

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/2 cup raisins

1 tsp. vanilla (optional)

Mix ingredients in a 1 1/2 quart casserole ( I use a glass dish). Bake for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Stir once or twice while baking. Serve warm with whipped cream.

*if you want a darker caramel, increase the baking soda but no more than 1 tsp.. Try a little at a time to get desired results. I hope this is the one you' re looking for!

Rice Pudding Recipes
Rice Pudding Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PuddingMay 20, 2009
Pudding Made With Leftover Rice
Making Rice Pudding With Leftover Rice
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker