Rice Pudding Recipes

This is my mother's recipe for a super simple rice pudding. In this version I ended up adding raisins, almonds, and cinnamon but that is all optional. I'll show how to alter simple, yummy rice pudding into this cinnamon, almond raisin goodness!

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

• 1 cup uncooked white rice
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 cups whole milk
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
  • slivered almonds for designs (optional)
  • cinnamon for dusting (optional)

1. Put the water and rice in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until the rice is tender, about 15-20 minutes. Most of the water will be gone and rice will be cooked through.
  2. Add whole milk and bring back to a boil for about 5 minutes.
  3. The rice will start to lose shape and get pasty. Add sugar. Stir constantly so it does not stick to the sides or the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat. If you are keeping the pudding simple, refrigerate as is for a couple hours and serve. To add the raisins, almonds and cinnamon, follow the next steps.
  4. In little cups or bowls, add some raisins. Spoon pudding on top. Stir.
  5. Lay slivered almonds on top of pudding and dust with cinnamon. Remove cinnamon-covered almonds and put on other bowls of pudding for alternating designs. Let set in fridge for a couple hours and serve.
  6. Extra credit! Don't throw them away the pudding crisps that stick to the pot! They're like delicious little freebie crepes! Yum!

17 More Solutions

I was raised on this rice pudding. Us kids would beg Mom to make extra rice when she made it so we could have this wonderful Rice Pudding Delight.

Always turns out smooth and creamy, just perfect!

Wash rice; place in 2 quart dish. Add sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon. Bake in a very slow oven (275-300 degrees F.) for 3 hours, stirring 3 times during first hour to prevent rice from settling.

Gradually stir milk and egg into pudding mix in saucepan. Add rice and raisins. Stir over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil. Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice.

This pudding recipe is also delicious and preferred by many cooks because it does not require careful attention, as no eggs are used.

In top of double boiler, cook raw rice in water until soft. Add to the soft rice, evaporated milk, regular milk and sugar. Cook mixture so it boils for 5 minutes. Top with fruit and serve.

I am looking for an easy, creamy rice pudding recipe. All the recipes I have tried are too dry to enjoy. Thank you in advance for any help.

jmz2005 from Illinois

Answers

By jean from MI (Guest Post)
Best Answer

1 cup minute rice
1 tsp/ vanilla
2 1/2 c. milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. eggbeaters
In a saucepan, combine rice, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, simmer 15 to twenty min. Stir occasionally. Slowly pour hot rice mixture into eggs, beating well. Fold in raisins if you like them. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. I make this frequently. Hope it works for you.

Answer this Question

I would like the recipe for this pudding. I've checked the internet and can't find the exact one I am looking for. The rice turns out all caramel colored, but it doesn't have any brown sugar or cinnamon in it.

The ingredients are white rice, milk, water, raisins, white sugar and baking soda. I don't have the measurements though and I can't figure out why it turns a caramel color. You bake it in the oven. That's all I know. Doesn't anyone have this recipe? I don't believe any eggs were used. Thanks. GailDarlene

By Gail Vance from Toronto, Canada

Answers

Best Answer

Make a rice pudding the normal way, add raisins. These are what turn the pudding a caramel colour. You don,t need to add anything extra. If you make it in a slow cooker this also makes it extra caramelly and creamy. I hope this helps. Good luck. Jan UK

Best Answer

I have actually found the answer to my query, so I thought I would share it with all those who tried to help me. The caramel Recipe is:
2 cups milk
2 cups water
1 cup sugar(white)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup rice ( I used instant, but long grein or anykind you usually use in baked rice pudding is fine.
raisins ( as many as you want or omit if you dont want.)
stir all together. and pour into casserole dish ,make sure that its large enough so pudding wonted boil over.
Bake at 400 degrees for 1 1/2 hrs. stirring after each half hour. If you never liked rice pudding but love caramel you will love this recipe. Thanks for all your help. GailDarlene

Answer this Question

I am looking for an easy recipe for stovetop rice pudding.

By Rosie

Answers

Best Answer

2 cups water and 1 cup long grained rice/cook till rice is soft and absorbed. Add 1 can evaporated milk to 2 cans water/1 cup sugar, 1 c raisins, 1 T cinnamon. Cook till thick. When partly cooled add 1 t vanilla. This is my Moms tried and true recipe all of us sisters use. If you think it's too thick you can add some more regular milk to desired consistency...as this sits, it drinks up the liquid.

Answer this Question

I am looking for a very simple stovetop rice pudding recipe.

By Rosie from Canada

Answers

Best Answer

Cook the rice as usual but add a little more water so that the rice becomes softer. Then add sugar, cinnamon or nutmeg to taste. Add enough milk (evaporated is really good) to make it to the texture you like and you have an easy rice pudding. Maybe not as creamy as regular rice pudding, but faster and still pretty tasty. You could also add raisins or other dried fruit to the rice while it is cooking.

Answer this Question

I would like a recipe for rice pudding, but this one I want to make with Minute rice. Thank you folks, you have all been so helpful.

By Pati Mishler

Answers

Two rice puddings from the Minute Rice cookbook called:Minute Rice Fast and Fabulous Meals

1. Old Fashioned Rice Pudding

4 cups cold milk
1 cup Minute Rice
1 pkg (4 servings size) JELLO Vanilla or Coconut Cream Flavour Pudding and Pie Filling
1/4 cup raisins(optional)
1 egg, well beaten
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
Combine milk, rice, pudding mix, raisins and egg in medium saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice. Pour into individual dessert dishes or serving bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg; serve warm. (for chilled pudding, place plastic wrap directly on hot pudding. Cool slightly; chill about 1 hour. Stir before serving; sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.) Makes: 10 servings
Old-Fashioned Fruited Pudding: Add 1 can(17-1/2 oz) drained can of fruit cocktail after cooling 5 minutes. Garnish if desired. Makes: 14 servings

2. Creamy Low-Calorie Rice Pudding

1 pkg (4 serving size) Jello Vanilla flavour Sugar-Free Pudding and Pie Filling
3 c. skim or low-fat milk
1/2 c. Minute rice
1/4 c. raisins
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour int 1 quart casserole or individual dessert dishes. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the hot pudding. Chill 30 minutes; remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Makes: 8 servings

Answer this Question

Combine all ingredients in a 6 cup baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Stir gently, and bake another 20 minutes or until creamy and thick.

Beat well and stir into rice, stirring and cooking over medium heat until creamy. Do not let it boil. Sprinkle nutmeg on top.

Mix eggs, sugar and salt. Scald (cook till warm) milk, stir in egg mix. Add rice, raisins, apples and milk, mix well.

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PuddingJanuary 1, 2013
🌻
👒
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Rice-Pudding-Recipes.html